I don't print nor scan, but need advice on generating camera DCP and ICC profiles on Mac OS X.
Note; I would use these profiles primarily for landscape work. I don't do much studio shooting or controlled light shooting.
I have the following color targets:
1. Colorchecker SG
2. Colorchecker Passport (dont like the profiles the supplied software makes)
3. QP card 203 book (like the profiles it makes but the color palette is limited compared to the Colorchecker SG and would like to find something better)
I have the following digital cameras I'd like to generate profiles for:
D800e, Ricoh GR, Sigma DP1-3 Merrils
I know which software I can use with the Colorchecker Passport and QP Card, but there seems to be a vast array and potentially very expensive software options for generating profiles off the Colorchecker SG.
1. Can I obtain a meaningfully more accurate camera profile using Colorchecker SG and third party software compared to QP card and matching software?
2. Which software should I use with the Colorchecker SG to generate icc profiles?
3. Which software should I use with the Colorchecker SG to generate dcp profiles?
Long winded question I know. I'm short on time and low on energy and hoping I can get some quick direction. thanks!