Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External hard drive connected - Capture One Cannot See Images.  (Read 4073 times)

The View

External hard drive connected - Capture One Cannot See Images.
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:15:48 am »

I started up the external hard drive, but all I get are triangles with an exclamation point.

One image can be displayed, none of the others.

I have started up both the hard drive and Capture One Pro 7, but to no avail. I have no access to my images.

Is the catalog corrupted? Not even the offline images are visible.

The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: External hard drive connected - Capture One Cannot See Images.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:20:27 am »

I started up the external hard drive, but all I get are triangles with an exclamation point.

One image can be displayed, none of the others.

I have started up both the hard drive and Capture One Pro 7, but to no avail. I have no access to my images.

Is the catalog corrupted? Not even the offline images are visible.

Have you moved any images on the drive?  Has the path of the images changed?

Contacted support?

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

tingyat

• Rogan Coles Photo Archive
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:30:29 pm »

Hi,

While David's comments are certainly valid - as in changes to the file/drive properties, this issue seems to be something specific to 7.1.713 and using catalogs. I've already made mention of this issue here on this forum where, while using C1, thumb images of image files on external storage media fail to appear when that storage media is not attached or switched on. This issue has also been mentioned elsewhere including on the Phase One forum.

Have opened a support ticket on this issue. While there's been no resolution to this issue thus far, its been suggested that this might be a display card/software issue. While not an effective solution, down-grading to version 7.1.712 bypasses this issue, meaning to say, everything works as intended.

Hope this helps - Rogan

The View

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 06:22:54 pm »

Hi Rogan,

I closed Capture One Pro 7. Then I restarted the computer.

After the second time doing this Capture One Pro found the images again, and I didn't have to reimport.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up