Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC and Lr 5 for 9.95 US  (Read 13015 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Photoshop CC and Lr 5 for 9.95 US
« on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:05 am »

Hello,

I'm not sure whether it is put here at the right place, but I try.

I think this offer PS-CC + Lr 5 bundle looks pretty interesting. What I miss is an info whether future Lightroom updates like Lightroom 6 or Lightroom 7 will also be included.

They put explicit the version number 5 into the offer.

If future Lightroom version will be included ( and still be perpetual after closing the abo based on the last Lightroom version received ), it will be a very interesting offer.

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

michael

Re: Photoshop CC and Lr 5 for 9.95 US
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 11:58:40 am »

The offer is that if you subscribe between now and the end of the year for $9.95 per month (US) you will receive all future updates to both Photoshop and Lightroom as long as you remain a subscriber, and as long as you continue to monthly payments.

Michael

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »

The offer is that if you subscribe between now and the end of the year for $9.95 per month (US) you will receive all future updates to both Photoshop and Lightroom as long as you remain a subscriber, and as long as you continue to monthly payments.

Michael

Hello Michael,

thanks for this clarification !

Is the included Lr-part of this offer  perpetual, which means when I quit the abo after a few years, I will be able to go on using the including Lr ?

Many thanks

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Simon Garrett

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:20:48 pm »

Hello Michael,

thanks for this clarification !

Is the included Lr-part of this offer  perpetual, which means when I quit the abo after a few years, I will be able to go on using the including Lr ?

Many thanks

Robert
I don't think so.  I think both the PS and LR versions you get with CC vanish in a puff of smoke if you stop subscribing.  It's not entirely clear, but I think that's what Mike Chambers (Adobe) has been saying in another thread. 

Arlen

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:12 pm »

See Mike Chambers' (of Adobe) post #102, and his followups on that page, in this LuLa thread:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=80687.102

MHMG

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:08 pm »

Michael

From the Adobe FAQ sheet - "This offer is available to customers who own a previous commercial version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3.x, CS4, CS5.x, or CS6). Suites and volume licenses do not qualify."

No amnesty path for bootleggers to abandon their old habits and become a legitimate adobe customer, but consequently also of no use to photographers who never bootlegged PS but always wanted to try it if the price was right. Seems like a missed opportunity, but one that Adobe can always rectify. In the meantime, Adobe is still doubling down on pissing off at least some fraction of its current customer base. Me for one.  As a registered owner of a full CS6 software package in good standing, I'm apparently not eligible for this offer. The current CC subscription price is regrettably too pricey for me.  I'm no marketing expert, but I thought one of the cardinal rules is not to make it hard for your customers to remain your customers. In my case, that's exactly what Adobe is doing.

cheers,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:22:45 pm by MHMG »

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 06:54:48 am »

Hello,

I also want to know if I'm still allowed to do 2 different installation of both included products like one to my main computer and one to my notebook for journeys as I could do with the former boxed products ? Is the subscription operating system bound or can the OS be changed whenever I want ?
I own several updates to a really old version of PS, so I have CS to CS4 update in my shelf. Is this constellation valid for the subscruiption ?

Thanks for answers !

Robert
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:28:55 am by Robert-Peter Westphal »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:53:56 am »

Yes, you are - and the Cloud licence doesn't have the stupid restriction to Mac or PC. You can use whatever brand of computer you want.

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 11:34:35 am »

Yes, you are - and the Cloud licence doesn't have the stupid restriction to Mac or PC. You can use whatever brand of computer you want.

Hello,

thanks for this info - this sounds really good !

Best wishes

Robert

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »

You got it all clear, Robert? Are you sure?

I had to read Mr. Chamber's post #102 about three times to clearly understand the difference between a special offer that includes a perpetual license version to LR/CS6? in a CC subscription payment structure that from what I understand allows you to end the subscription and still keep the perpetual license version of LR (not CS6?) except... ONLY IF YOU PAY THE MINIMUM MONTHLY CC SUBSCRIPTION FOR A YEAR.

I'm still not completely clear but I'm sure someone will make it more clear that doesn't work for Adobe.

Just a caveat in all these threads created on this subject which I'm sure Google indexing is going bonkers over with the letters A-D-O-B-E is that I'ld skip theses threads and go to the horses mouth to get exactly what you're signing up for before you hand over your credit card information.  

Turning things off/on between perpetual and CC subscription license bundles now and down the road may introduce some issues with getting the perpetual license working as illustrated with this linked blog I stumbled across last night over at Photo.net...

http://www.tracyvalleau.com/blog/

Scroll down to the title "How to Cancel Creative Cloud..."

Not saying it's wide spread but just something to watch out for.

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »

You got it all clear, Robert? Are you sure?

I had to read Mr. Chamber's post #102 about three times to clearly understand the difference between a special offer that includes a perpetual license version to LR/CS6? in a CC subscription payment structure that from what I understand allows you to end the subscription and still keep the perpetual license version of LR (not CS6?) except... ONLY IF YOU PAY THE MINIMUM MONTHLY CC SUBSCRIPTION FOR A YEAR.

I'm still not completely clear but I'm sure someone will make it more clear that doesn't work for Adobe.

[...]

Hello,

sorry, I don't understand it the way you do ( but I would appreciate when I would be wrong).

There are two ways you can get Lightroom.

1. You can purchase a perpetual license. This does not provide access to future new versions of the software, although you will have any access to updates (i.e. 5.1, 5.2, etc...) of that software.
[...]

=> You buy the normal perpetual version of Lightroom and have access to updates having the same version number in front of the comma i.e. 5,XX

2. You can get Lightroom as part of a Creative Cloud membership. You have access to Lightroom, including future updates and versions as long as you continue to be a member of Creative Cloud.
[...]

=> You take the special offer and receive a cloud version of PS and Lightroom. Both are cloud versions ( although Lightroom looks like the perpetual version) and you can update both products as long as you pay for the license.

This offer is a Creative Cloud offer. It is not a Photoshop CC subscription, with a perpetual license of Lightroom thrown in. It is a Creative Cloud subscription that includes Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

=> This explains exactly that this package contains of 2 cloud products and NOT PS CC and a perpetual license of Lr.

But, as said before, I would wish that I understand everything wrong and you were right, but, I fear,  these words of Mike Chamber say the opposit.

Best wishes

Robert

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

Now I went back and reread Mike Chambers #102 post and can't find even in the entire thread where I read "minimum CC subscription payment for a year before you can cancel".

I must be losing my mind reading all these threads. Best to wait a year or so to see what unfolds before I do anything. The confusion isn't worth the price of admission.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:25 pm »

Screw it! I just found where I read it and it's even in red font and is completely wrong from a misunderstanding in an earlier post...

"Hi Lloyd, the copy of Lr that you get with this deal is a perpetual license.  So you get to keep it if you stop subscribing.  As you said, the offer does require a minimum 1-year commitment."

walter.sk

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 01:28:25 pm »

Some confusion on my part.  I had a one-app subscription for Photoshop CC, and a license for LR5.  I received the email from Adobe saying that my account has been switched over to the LR/Photoshop CC deal for $9.95, and a link to download the most recent versions.

I got the ACR 8.2 downloaded and installed in my copy of Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  I then downloaded what I thought would be LR5.2 CC, but it simply updated my LR5.1 to LR5.2.  Is there an LR CC?  Or is it simply an upgrade to the traditionally licensed LR?

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »

Just this morning I contacted Adobe (online) and switch from the Full CC  $49.99 to the new Photoshop 9.99 deal. Really did not need all the other programs just Photoshop and Lightroom. Since I met the requirements of owning Photoshop 5 I was able to downgrade. It took about 5 minutes to complete this change. Since I already had both programs installed from the full version of CC, I did not have to reinstall.  So to me to get these two programs for less then $10.00 a month was a good deal.     

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 05:10:57 pm »

I got the ACR 8.2 downloaded and installed in my copy of Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.  I then downloaded what I thought would be LR5.2 CC, but it simply updated my LR5.1 to LR5.2.  Is there an LR CC?  Or is it simply an upgrade to the traditionally licensed LR?
It is an upgrade to the traditionally licensed LR I believe.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MikeChambers

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

It is an upgrade to the traditionally licensed LR I believe.

It is the same version, just licensed differently.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up