Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How should a website look  (Read 18690 times)

MrSmith

Re: How should a website look
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 01:54:19 pm »

2 bald men fighting over a comb ::)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 02:00:22 pm »

Actually I need to give one to Isaac, to help with his hair splitting.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 09:06:31 am »

2 bald men fighting over a comb ::)

Pretty much the conclusion that I'd come to.

Anyhow, Just to cheer our friend JJJ up I have put up a small gallery to hold some images in support of the book and what's more (roll of drums please) I've used Flash!!! The main reason being that I couldn't find a straightforward gallery CMS that I liked rather than any great preference for Simpleviewer so I went with the inconvenience of it.

The photos are here Book images

The page on my site carrying the link is here - The Trouble with Germany

I haven't made it the main gallery as these are online book illustrations rather than examples of fine art.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:26:24 am by Justinr »

jjj

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 07:36:18 pm »

Can't entirely be Flash as I just looked at it on my iPad. Some of the images look soft as if they are not high enough resolution for the screen.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 05:25:11 am »

Can't entirely be Flash as I just looked at it on my iPad. Some of the images look soft as if they are not high enough resolution for the screen.

Some of the pictures were taken in less than perfect weather conditions which may account for some 'softness', the two of Rotterdam certainly were.

As far as the Flash content is concerned I really can't say, but this is what I used - www.simpleviewer.net. My main gripe is that to alter the gallery I basically have to change and reload the whole thing as opposed to just deleting and uploading a single image which is what CMS offers.

In an earlier post you mentioned the hatred that Steve Jobs had for Flash. Now I carry no candle for the fellow and certainly refrained from taking to the streets on his untimely demise, but this is what he said about it in 2010 -  www.apple.com Thoughts-on-flash/, and yet it works on your ipad.

jjj

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »

It works on my iPad as it defaulted to a less able technology. Not exactly progress. Ones of the best things about Flash was that it didn't matter what OS you used, what browser you prefered or what fonts you had installed, it worked consistently. Something that is still not possible years later with the alternatives.
Jobs talked a lot of shit about Flash, a major 'problem' with Flash was that it was a potential revenue stream Apple couldn't take a cut out of.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up