Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Epson printers coming early next year?  (Read 5741 times)

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
New Epson printers coming early next year?
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:31:56 am »

- TOKYO, Japan, June 19, 2013 -
Seiko Epson Corporation (TSE: 6724, "Epson") has invested approximately 16 billion yen*1 in two new production lines in Japan. The lines have been constructed to manufacture next-generation print heads - the core component in ink jet printers - for use in business and industrial printing systems to come to market in the latter part of the 2013 fiscal year.

http://global.epson.com/newsroom/2013/news_20130619.html

Another quote from the press release: "..  the new head pursues more compact design, even greater precision and improved cost performance. "

I personally am very much interested in the 3880 replacement with the hope the new design finally allows all blacks to be available at all times so no more time-ink consuming switching.

howardm

Re: New Epson printers coming early next year?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:36 am »

There's nothing to indicate a 3880 replacement.  Epson makes many many different printers and their photo market printers (the ones we use) are but a small portion. 

OliverS

• Distribution of Foto+FineArt Papers
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:12:59 am »

Are you sure that it´s for the fineart printer?

Why not for the SureColor or GS-6000 solvent printer?
I think a better print result is needed in that area of inkjet solvent printers....

but why not, let´s hope

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

deja vu ... didn't this come up a few months ago? would be intriguing to know what "next generation" heads means ...

Sal Baker

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »

Epson has always announced the 38xx series printers in late August or September with delivery around the first of the year.  Looks like the current 3880 will be around until at least next summer.  I don't think Epson is in any hurry with this model.

Sal

Iluvmycam

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

Seiko Epson Corporation (TSE: 6724, "Epson") has invested approximately 16 billion yen*1 in two new production lines in Japan. The lines have been constructed to manufacture next-generation print heads - the core component in ink jet printers - for use in business and industrial printing systems to come to market in the latter part of the 2013 fiscal year.

Another quote from the press release: "..  the new head pursues more compact design, even greater precision and improved cost performance. "

I personally am very much interested in the 3880 replacement with the hope the new design finally allows all blacks to be available at all times so no more time-ink consuming switching.

Yes with all blacks at once and hopefully some gloss optimizer. That would be perfect for me.

JohnAONeill

• http://www.johnanthonyoneill.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:22 pm »

If they can make one that stops bloody clogging I would be happy :-)

Sal Baker

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:43 pm »

If they can make one that stops bloody clogging I would be happy :-)

They already make one...the 3880.

Sal

dseelig

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:05:28 pm »

my 3880 clogs the black nk typically but always after a clean is fine

Sal Baker

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 07:11:06 am »

My clog-free experience is partially due to never switching the black inks.  I'm very happy with luster papers.

Sal

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:25:57 pm »

In nearly 4 years, I have experienced only two minor clogs in my 3880, even after a month of disuse, and I live in a very dry climate.  So, as far as I am concerned, it is essentially clog-free.

Rob

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 11:48:12 pm »

deja vu ... didn't this come up a few months ago? would be intriguing to know what "next generation" heads means ...

Epson is focusing on high volume markets and the SureColor printers (Solvent, UV, dye sub, etc). The heads in the Surecolor printers haven't been as reliable as the trusty GS6000 heads and it's an issue as people transition to the new printers. The new heads are primarily aimed at the existing Surecolor pritners and future models (UV).
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up