Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe lowers prices on PS Lr cc combo  (Read 31853 times)

tuthill

Re: Adobe lowers prices on PS Lr cc combo
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »

Oh, yeah, one more question. I have two photo processing stations, and also a laptop, all Macs. What provisions are there for using your various machines with the subscription suite? Can you sign off and on like you do with the stand-alone products?

You can have it on as many machines as you own as long as only 2 are signed in (aka activated).  You can also have cross platform installs.  I find this very convenient as I have a Mac desktop and laptop and a Win laptop (that I use occasionally).  When you start up the 3rd instance a dialog pops up and offers to sign your other machines off if you are already signed in on 2 other machines.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »

You can also have cross platform installs.
Which is new thanks to CC subscription. Not that pointing out a benefit of this new model is very popular.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

he did once what ?

Wrote Photoshop which was released as a perpetual license product...

BTW, are you trying to be obtuse or did not really not get wheat I said?

Vladimirovich

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2013, 07:31:37 pm »

Wrote Photoshop which was released as a perpetual license product...

BTW, are you trying to be obtuse or did not really not get wheat I said?

well, what he did once many years ago (and that was a technical feat - nobody is questioning technical capabilities) has nothing to do w/ a question... so who is obtusing?

Vladimirovich

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »

Which is new thanks to CC subscription. Not that pointing out a benefit of this new model is very popular.

dear, remote activation has nothing to do w/ subscriotion model... you can have crossplatform remote activation w/ perpetual licenses.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »

dear, remote activation has nothing to do w/ subscriotion model... you can have crossplatform remote activation w/ perpetual licenses.

I stand corrected. However, cross platform serial's started with creative cloud meaning PS 6. That is the only perceptual license version that supports both Mac and Win.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tuthill

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 08:19:19 pm »

Not unless you fork over the money for a Windows and an OS X license.  That particular constraint isn't present in CC.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:07:38 pm by tuthill »

Vladimirovich

« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »

I stand corrected. However, cross platform serial's started with creative cloud meaning PS 6. That is the only perceptual license version that supports both Mac and Win.
I do not argue w/ that... but it is again just purely political/financial (for profit, to move move people to subscription only model) decision not caused by any technical (software or accounting) reasons...

Stephen Ray

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »

I'm guessing Schewe already knows this but in case others haven't noticed, the ULA for the Adobe CC App Mgr seems to only display in a small window sized for an iPhone and, when extracted, results in 26 Word pages of single line-spaced 12 point text.

I stopped reading when a coworker reading the same on his separate machine took the link regarding fonts. He seemed to understand a user was not supposed to use certain fonts, though they were supplied by Adobe, because they are "restricted." We went searching further via links and then happened upon the ULA for Illustrator CS6 and the PDF is well over 600 pages of very small text and starts with a language, maybe Arabic.

That's when I called it day.

NigelC

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:41 am »

I thought this was USA only as checked Adobe UK website and cheapest CC option is £27.34 pcm (about $40). Yet linked press release quotes UK price of £7.14pcm?

On the basis that I might before have paid about £50 every 2 years to update LR, it equates to about £60 a year to keep Photoshop up to date, which funnily enough is equivalent to paying c.£180 every 3 years to move to newer version of PS. (Which of course is the option no longer available)
On the face of it I give Adobe some credit for listening and bringing the cost to the amateur back to, approximately, where it was before - well better really because you need to take into account the reduction in the cost of LR since summer 2012. :)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 10:04:31 am »

I thought this was USA only as checked Adobe UK website and cheapest CC option is £27.34 pcm (about $40). Yet linked press release quotes UK price of £7.14pcm?
The new PS/LR combination is not yet available. The £27.34 introductory offer is for the whole CC package, it's £47 otherwise. Not sure why they don't have the info on the website that a new PS offer is forthcoming.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:50 pm »

The new package will be available next week.
Eric Chan

Robert55

« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2013, 04:35:53 am »

thx. That implies LR5.2 as well?

Simon Garrett

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

thx. That implies LR5.2 as well?
See http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/, which includes "This offer will be available the week of September 16th at the same time we introduce the new version of Lightroom 5.2."

Isaac

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:55 pm »

It's only opportunity cost for Adobe in the short term to meet their subscription numbers goal.

The pressure is rising for Adobe to meet their number of subscribers goal by year end.

Less than 2 weeks later --

... Adobe exited Q3 with 1 million 31 thousand paid Creative Cloud subscriptions, an increase of 331 thousand when compared to the number of subscriptions as of the end of Q2 fiscal year 2013 ...

... “We exceeded one million subscriptions during Q3, demonstrating that the transition to Creative Cloud is happening sooner than expected,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe.

pdf Adobe Q3 FY2013 earnings press release
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:54:28 pm by Isaac »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up