Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe lowers prices on PS Lr cc combo  (Read 31903 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Adobe lowers prices on PS Lr cc combo
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »

Sitting in keynote at photoshop world and adobe just announced new permanent price is 9.95/mth.for all who own cs3 or greater to use ps cc and LR.  Includes behance and storage as well

MikeChambers

Re: Adobe lowers prices on PS Lr cc combo
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »

More info here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/

Quick note, this is available for people who sign up by December 31st. The price is the base price, i.e. that is your price as long as you maintain the membership.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 01:45:41 pm »

More info here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativelayer/introducing-the-photoshop-photography-program/

Quick note, this is available for people who sign up by December 31st. The price is the base price, i.e. that is your price as long as you maintain the membership.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
I subscribed on July 30 or 31 to a one-application subscription of Photoshop for the $9.99 price for a year, and then $19.99 after that.  I wonder if Adobe would let me switch to the LR+PS special?

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:01:12 pm »

I subscribed on July 30 or 31 to a one-application subscription of Photoshop for the $9.99 price for a year, and then $19.99 after that.  I wonder if Adobe would let me switch to the LR+PS special?

walter.sk, as long as you own a previous version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3 thru CS6), then you will be automatically transitioned to the newly introduced program, which has the lower ongoing price (9.99/mo).

Some more info in the FAQ here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html#pslr-bundle
Eric Chan

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »

Does this mean they have now snuck Lightroom into the CC rental model without the option to have permanent serial numbers for future upgrade versions of LR?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

ButchM

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:16:26 pm »

Does this mean they have now snuck Lightroom into the CC rental model without the option to have permanent serial numbers for future upgrade versions of LR?

I don't think so, Lr has been available for the whole package subscription for some time ... though not as a single app subscription ...

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:24 pm »

Correct, Lr is still on the perpetual (not subscription) license model, and (AFAIK) there are no plans to change that.
Eric Chan

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:13 pm »

No, it's just another option for those that wish to use LR and Photoshop CC.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MikeChambers

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:46 pm »

walter.sk, as long as you own a previous version of Photoshop or Photoshop Extended, version CS3 or later (CS3 thru CS6), then you will be automatically transitioned to the newly introduced program, which has the lower ongoing price (9.99/mo).

Some more info in the FAQ here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html#pslr-bundle

Just a quick clarification, if you took advantage of the $9.99 offer for PS CC, then you will automatically be transitioned to the new offer (i.e. you will get Lightroom). If you have a regular, $19.99 subscription to PS CC, you will need to contact customer support to transition to the new offer.

We are updating the FAQ to make this clearer.

Sorry for the confusion....

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:54 pm »

Thanks guys for the clarification.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

MikeChambers

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 02:24:05 pm »

Correct, Lr is still on the perpetual (not subscription) license model, and (AFAIK) there are no plans to change that.

That is correct. You can still get a perpetual license of Lightroom, and we don't plan to change that.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

AFairley

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 03:04:07 pm »

Mike, welcome, and nice to see someone from Adobe posting here.  Hopefully it will reduce the level of FUD.   ;)

MikeChambers

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 03:07:19 pm »

Mike, welcome, and nice to see someone from Adobe posting here.  Hopefully it will reduce the level of FUD.   ;)

Thanks. Ive been a long time lurker (Im an amateur photographer), and have learned a ton from the site. I figured I would finally get around to creating an account, and try to help out.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

AFairley

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »

Edit:  Not to slight Eric Chan's valuable contributions on the technical side.... :o

walter.sk

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »

Thanks, Eric.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 08:04:11 pm »

Edit:  Not to slight Eric Chan's valuable contributions on the technical side.... :o

No worries, AFairley.  ;D
Eric Chan

gjanee

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 08:07:47 pm »

I notice the offer is for "Lightroom 5"... as in version 5 of Lightroom only, not any future version of Lightroom.  So, when Lightroom 5 is outdated in 2-3 years by Lightroom versions 6/7/etc, that portion of this offer beomes useless, and it turns into paying $9.99/month/forever for Photoshop CC.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »

I notice the offer is for "Lightroom 5"... as in version 5 of Lightroom only, not any future version of Lightroom.  So, when Lightroom 5 is outdated in 2-3 years by Lightroom versions 6/7/etc, that portion of this offer beomes useless, and it turns into paying $9.99/month/forever for Photoshop CC.

I see some logic to the assumption, but  LR 5 happens to be the name of the shipping version of LR as opposed to CC for PHotoshop now.  But CC members get access to the current version of LR regardless of the version number, so it can easily be assumed that is the new model, and not some premeditated or insidious plot on their part.

I think Adobe has just done some serious listening and analyzing and realize how advantageous it is to get those in the  photography community who use LR/PS all on the same version and off all the old versions which are struggling under newer operating systems.  Then they can leverage the new beHanced and cloud features to much larger pool of photographers.  Sort of a "if I cut the price in half, I may get 4 times the subscribers." approach  Same cash flow, but much more power and guessing they may get far more than a 4x uptick in subscribers.  Certainly I don't have the inside info, but now that they have a year of CC experience perhaps they just decided the model needs tweaked, and one of the most powerful advantages of CC is best realized by growing the numbers.

dreed

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »

Sitting in keynote at photoshop world and adobe just announced new permanent price is 9.95/mth for all who own cs3 or greater to use ps cc and LR.  Includes behance and storage as well

If you don't own a recent copy of CS then this new offer does not apply to you.

Or in other words, if you've already spent a lot of money on Adobe products then they'll let you get on the rental supply chain for less than if you haven't.

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »

I have PSCS6 as part of the Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium. Does this mean that I cannot get the $9.99/mo price on Photoshop CC?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up