Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calm before the storm...  (Read 1532 times)

batmura

Calm before the storm...
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:51:07 am »

5 minutes after this shot it started pouring like crazy....

Kocaeli, Turkey (3) by batmura, on Flickr

And here it comes...

Kocaeli, Turkey (4) by batmura, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:56:58 am by batmura »

francois

Re: Calm before the storm...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

I like the first image very much… it's stunning. The second one looks like it's two images blended together but it's dramatic and the storm must have been "interesting".
Francois

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:14 am »

I like the first image very much… it's stunning. The second one looks like it's two images blended together but it's dramatic and the storm must have been "interesting".

Thats why i love the 2nd most. Two diferent worlds on the same pic, nice job

batmura

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:52 pm »

Francois, there is zero editing in the second except for minor tweaks in contrast and saturation. Actually I never photoshop my images to that extent. I dislike layers and adding skies from different photos to different images. I wish I had exposed a tad longer, though, as invreasing the exposure results in unwanted noise in the shadows. I will probably drive there again, but it s unlikely I will have such a dramatic sky again.

francois

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 06:18:24 am »

Francois, there is zero editing in the second except for minor tweaks in contrast and saturation. Actually I never photoshop my images to that extent. I dislike layers and adding skies from different photos to different images. I wish I had exposed a tad longer, though, as invreasing the exposure results in unwanted noise in the shadows. I will probably drive there again, but it s unlikely I will have such a dramatic sky again.

To be clear, I never suggested that you Photoshoped this image to create your final version. I just wanted to say that the coming storm offered a dramatic change to the landscape; so dramatic that I could see two images in one.

I'm sorry if I offended you with my previous comment, it was not my intention, really!
Francois

batmura

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 09:28:59 am »

No offense taken at all, Francois. I always appreciate your valuable feedback and comments! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up