Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing many images with defined size from PS  (Read 1082 times)

Bernhard Dick

Printing many images with defined size from PS
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:20:50 pm »

Hi,

I use Lightroom 4 under Windows for management of my photos and Photoshop CS6 for printing tasks. I like the Canon Photoshop Print-Plugin, though it seems to be the only way for 16bit printing. Now I have the task to align many photos in smaller sheet size (10x15cm or 13x18cm) onto roll paper. I know that there exists QImage, but it's only using the windows printing interface, also does Lightroom. Are there any tips to arrange a huge amount of photos with a fixed size in Photoshop? I also thought about using the free layout tool from Canon in Combination with sending every single sheet from LR or PS, but that way still would be 8bit only.

Regards, Bernhard

hugowolf

Re: Printing many images with defined size from PS
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:22 pm »

I use Lightroom 4 under Windows for management of my photos and Photoshop CS6 for printing tasks. I like the Canon Photoshop Print-Plugin, though it seems to be the only way for 16bit printing. Now I have the task to align many photos in smaller sheet size (10x15cm or 13x18cm) onto roll paper. I know that there exists QImage, but it's only using the windows printing interface, also does Lightroom.

Are there any tips to arrange a huge amount of photos with a fixed size in Photoshop?

I also thought about using the free layout tool from Canon in Combination with sending every single sheet from LR or PS, but that way still would be 8bit only.

The only way to do to do multiple images in Ps is put them into one image; tedious to say the least.

Doesn't the Canon plugin have any layout tools?

Brian A

smjphoto

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:47:21 am »

you don't give us much to work with to help you. Which printer or canon plug in? approx number of images. size of paper roll, auto cut? etc

I don't see why lightroom wouldn't work well for this. you can print many images at once, it's easy to layout image size and how many rows and columns. It does print in 16 bit (at least mine does with a mac and a canon ipf.) If there is an issue with windows and lightroom printing at 16 bit... I'd be very surprised if you could tell the difference in printing a 10x15cm with 8bit vs 16 bit. If you are looking for auto cutting of each image, then I think you would have to approach it differently.
good luck,
Stuart

Bernhard Dick

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:39:22 am »

you don't give us much to work with to help you. Which printer or canon plug in? approx number of images. size of paper roll, auto cut? etc
I'm using 24" rolls. With Photoshop I'm using the Photoshop print-plugin Canon supplies with the ipfx400 series. Its about 100 images and I cut them manually.

I don't see why lightroom wouldn't work well for this. you can print many images at once, it's easy to layout image size and how many rows and columns. It does print in 16 bit (at least mine does with a mac and a canon ipf.) If there is an issue with windows and lightroom printing at 16 bit...
As far as i know the canon drivers are for the "old" windows printing interface, which only does 8bit.
I'd be very surprised if you could tell the difference in printing a 10x15cm with 8bit vs 16 bit.
That was also something I was wondering, IF I or a client would be able to see the difference in such small images. Maybe I just should give LR a try :-)
Thanks.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 07:44:36 am »

I'm printing small formats from LR, it's best method IMHO. There's virtually no chance to see a 8 vs 16bit difference on such a small format.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 11:34:57 am »

I gave up on using anything but Qimage about 4 years ago and never looked back. Qimage makes printing and layout close to effortless.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:41:52 am »

I gave up on using anything but Qimage about 4 years ago and never looked back. Qimage makes printing and layout close to effortless.

Same here, except that I've been using Qimage since 12 years ago already.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up