Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880 used cartridges  (Read 1782 times)

martin archer-shee

Epson 3880 used cartridges
« on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:38 am »

Wanted
I have just bought a 3880 and plan on using Cone ink. I need a set of used carts ( 3800/3880) so I can get the oem chips to use on the non oem carts. I also wish to experiment with the old oem carts to see how hard it is to make them reusable. 
I am in Nova Scotia,Canada but would welcome responses from anywhere.
Can anyone help with any, all, or multiple used carts?

Many thanks
Martin

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Epson 3880 used cartridges
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:28:45 am »

I think you're better off using Cone's cartridges and the chip resetter.  Jon and Dana have done a lot of work in selecting high quality re-fillable cartridges and chips----the main point being is that these cartridges are made for re-filling.  They have replacement chips available and it's a good idea to have a set on hand.

ken

martin archer-shee

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

Thanks ken for the thoughts. I intend to use the refill carts but still feel like having a shot at the oem ones with the bag interior.more of a challenge...
As far as the chips available from Cone, or at least as far as I can see, are the secondary chips but still need the oem ones underneath. If I can get oem chips in a reasonable time frame I will probably go directly with the Cone inks and sell my full set of unused Epson cartridges.

Manoli

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 11:34:37 am »

They have replacement chips available and it's a good idea to have a set on hand.

Ken,

I don't think that Cone's replacement chips are that freely available any more. I was checking with Inkjet Mall a month ago and they told me they weren't in stock and they were having great difficulty in obtaining them. Keep your old 3800/3880 cartridges !

derAngler

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:16:49 pm »

Hello Martin,

I have a full set of used 3880 cartridges, which I don't use anymore. Some of them are even half full. If you are interested I could send you the set for 15 Euro + shipping costs. Unfortunately I live in Germany.

Jan

martin archer-shee

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:43 pm »

Thanks to several respondents. I have received oem carts and now have my new 3880 running with Cone ink.  Looks great.

Thanks
Martin

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »

Are the Cone inks available in Europe too. What do people use over here for refill. Sorry to hijack the thread.

martin archer-shee

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »

Sorry, I cannot saywhat territory they cover. I suggest you view their site  www.inkjetmall.com.

They are very helpful and I am sure they will help you.
Martin

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up