Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 Immense Scientific Instruments You Won't Believe Are Real  (Read 1758 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
14 Immense Scientific Instruments You Won't Believe Are Real
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:52:07 am »

These are pretty amazing for geeks like me, and some of the photography is pretty incredible too!

http://gizmodo.com/14-immense-scientific-instruments-you-wont-believe-are-1200943611

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

Re: 14 Immense Scientific Instruments You Won't Believe Are Real
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:00 am »

These are pretty amazing for geeks like me, and some of the photography is pretty incredible too!

http://gizmodo.com/14-immense-scientific-instruments-you-wont-believe-are-1200943611

Mike.

Powerful machinery!
Francois

Petrus

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:16:22 am »

There are several pictures from CERN there.

Do you know why there have been no contacts from highly developed alien civilizations?

Simple answer: when a civilization gets to a certain level of technology, it invariably builds a Large Hadron Collider...

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 10:00:07 am »

That illustrates the diversity of mankind. I find all of that stuff both incredibly clever and absolutely of no personal interest to me.

It's the same with digital photography. I accept it's there, know there are no real alternatives to the computer today and so, in the attempt to keep on clicking, I muddle through as best I can. But the heart's kicked out of me; the visceral bit's gone. In a way, it's rap vs jazz. I do because of the lack of alternative pastimes, but mostly all the love has gone into the memory banks.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up