Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ADD  (Read 3090 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
ADD
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »

Hard to grab attention these days ;)

P.S. I thought I've been hijacking Bill's thread enough, hence this separate post

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: ADD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »

I was happy for it to morph into a general 'Street' thread ...

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »

P.S. I thought I've been hijacking Bill's thread enough, hence this separate post

An interesting picture with many levels of 'grab'.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »

This guy was a bit luckier:

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »

This guy was a bit luckier:

Well, they all look like they're having fun, so that can't be bad!

I notice that the ladies don't look at all uncomfortable - acually snapping, I think.

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »

Slobodan,

I really love your toning on these.  Brings back thoughts of Agfa Portriga Rapid and Record Rapid.

Moments well worth preserving by your discerning eye.

W

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »

I really love your toning on these.

Yes I totally agree with Walter, excellent!

I really like the first picture, as there is so much to look at and several stories are being told at the same time. I also like how you book ended the shot with the two out of focus people at each side.

I also think you've caught the guy with the glasses (both of them actually) in a guilty moment of ogling, which unfortunately only goes to prove the old adage, that some men really do have one track minds  ::)

Dave
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:41:52 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »

Yes I totally agree with Walter, excellent!

I really like the first picture, as there is so much to look at and several stories are being told at the same time. I also like how you book ended the shot with the two out of focus people at each side.

I also think you've caught the guy with the glasses (both of them actually) in a guilty moment of ogling, which unfortunately only goes to prove the old adage, that some men really do have one track minds  ::)

Dave

Why would there be guilt? It's a public place. If the 'artists' aren't abashed... nor the photographer, I see little cause for guilt.

One-track minds. Better one on that track than another sold on the money or political tracks.

Funny thing, most guys I ever talked to were of the one-track sort; only those one suspected of hiding a tragic difference seemed to hold their tongues. We are designed to be fixated - it makes the world go round, empowers women and creats untold business for chemists, photographers, dress designers and seamstresses... It's the fundamental difference bertween male and female: the female accepts or rejects,  whereas the male constantly hunts and tries. Or he's pretty much dead already. Current/recent tv shows try to convince us of the predatory female... never met one yet. It's a fantasy, an attempt to amuse the female viewer and drive the poor old male even crazier with reconfirmed hope, lust and ultimate disappointment at the realisartion that the world isn't as showbiz painted it.

There endeth my lesson for the evening.

;-)

Rob C

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 04:32:34 am »

Why would there be guilt? It's a public place. If the 'artists' aren't abashed... nor the photographer, I see little cause for guilt.

One-track minds. Better one on that track than another sold on the money or political tracks.

Funny thing, most guys I ever talked to were of the one-track sort; only those one suspected of hiding a tragic difference seemed to hold their tongues. We are designed to be fixated - it makes the world go round, empowers women and creats untold business for chemists, photographers, dress designers and seamstresses... It's the fundamental difference bertween male and female: the female accepts or rejects,  whereas the male constantly hunts and tries. Or he's pretty much dead already. Current/recent tv shows try to convince us of the predatory female... never met one yet. It's a fantasy, an attempt to amuse the female viewer and drive the poor old male even crazier with reconfirmed hope, lust and ultimate disappointment at the realisartion that the world isn't as showbiz painted it.

There endeth my lesson for the evening.

;-)

Rob C

Rob, that is a very profound and enlightening observation you make there and I thank you very much for sharing, and know it is something I will gain great comfort from when I next find myself absentmindedly ogling some fashionably half undressed young lady that jiggles by me on the street, as I will no longer feel any type of guilt, but realise I am merely a victim of the evolutionary process and a fully functioning product of the selfish gene.

Dave
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:12:22 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:30 am »

Happy to have been of service; surprised to learn you find these apparitions on the Isle of Skye!

;-)

Rob C

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 06:37:41 am »

Current/recent tv shows try to convince us of the predatory female... never met one yet. It's a fantasy, an attempt to amuse the female viewer and drive the poor old male even crazier with reconfirmed hope, lust and ultimate disappointment at the realisartion that the world isn't as showbiz painted it.

You should watch "Wives With Knives", (actual police investigations/prosecutions) dramatized on the Investigation Discovery channel to understand how predatory and jealous a female can be.

But I do agree with most of your observations on the general differences between the sexes in regard to their state of mind toward each other.

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:36 am »

You should watch "Wives With Knives", (actual police investigations/prosecutions) dramatized on the Investigation Discovery channel to understand how predatory and jealous a female can be. But I do agree with most of your observations on the general differences between the sexes in regard to their state of mind toward each other.

You should have the experience of bringing up twenty-something more or less feral cats, pretty much all at the same time. All of them develop their own identities and behaviour patterns. We had one large and beautiful male who, when in a group, would ignore us both completely, but if alone, was as cuddly as you could wish. Machismo isn't unknown outwith the human species, I discovered! Equally, the most territorial were the females, who would drive away (if not practically kill) any stray from another group from different, nearby housing developments.

I used to think that a female lying on her back was in submissive mode: wrong! They are then at their most lethal since they can and do employ both front and rear sets of claws. So many lessons in nature.

Rob C

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 11:13:51 am »

You should have the experience of bringing up twenty-something more or less feral cats,

You're now making comparisons of raising cats to female human behavior?

You lost me on that one, sorry.

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:19:54 am »

You're now making comparisons of raising cats to female human behavior?

You lost me on that one, sorry.

You need the experience with the cats to understand; without it, don't hold your breath.

Rob C

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:04 am »

What drew my attention to your photos was the predominance of a somewhat generically pretty sameness in everyone in both scenes. Not one Bogart, Widmark, Phyllis Diller characteristic flaw out of the bunch?

Has our society thoroughly bred every idiosyncrasy out of some of our most recent generation until there's nothing left but average looking people? I mean we used to have models with gapped teeth and found that added character. It almost looks staged by Lane Bryant & JC Penny models. Not an ugly one among them.

I can't even tell what city these were shot.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:28:28 am »

You're now making comparisons of raising cats to female human behavior?...

Quite apt. That's why I prefer dogs, both literally and metaphorically ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:25:24 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »

What drew my attention to your photos was the predominance of a somewhat generically pretty sameness in everyone in both scenes. Not one Bogart, Widmark, Phyllis Diller characteristic flaw out of the bunch?
I can't even tell what city these were shot.

Interesting observation. Where is Fernandel when you need one? :)

Times Square, New York, by the way (unless your comment was rhetorical).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:32:43 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

AFairley

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

Interesting observation. Where is Fernandel when you need one? :)

Times Square, New York, by the way (unless your comment was rhetorical).

Well that explains it, they are all tourists.  New Yorkers don't look generic like that.   ;)

Rob C

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »

Well that explains it, they are all tourists.  New Yorkers don't look generic like that.   ;)

Interesting observation; what do NYers look like, en masse?

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 03:19:45 pm »

... what do NYers look like, en masse?

Like this?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up