Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 320  (Read 1426 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:47:29 pm »

I was going to call this "An Hour Early," but Russ and some of the other old toots would have completely missed the blunt truth. (Hey, I'm an old toot, too but I taught high school...I know all those idiomatic figures of speech.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:21:14 am by Chris Calohan »
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: 320
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:52 am »

I rather like the shot, but I don't even begin to understand the text. Please explain!

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:47:05 am »

I'm lost too.

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:31:00 am »

420 is a non day holiday for all the pot smokers of the world. Originally, it only referred to April 20th which some how, from someone(s) became the official unofficial day of staying high, not that many in that sub-culture need a special day to be stoned, but... As time progressed, it went from April 20th to any time frame which included the numbers, "420," as in 4:20 PM.

320, thus becomes an hour early. The reality though, is that I saw the neat sets of lines and that's what first drew my eye. Left verticals, right horizontals with two intersecting diagonals to break both planes into manageable areas of visual inspection. I really liked how the wood door and galvanized corrugated metal almost became one surface after years of painting, repainting and lots of rusted surfaces. 320 is just the street address.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:58 am »

I wondered if it was a 420 friendly reference having observed your penchant for humor. Nice shot!

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 01:30:03 pm »

That's one reason why spies can get caught: they can't have all of the cultural background.

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 02:36:01 pm »

420 is a non day holiday for all the pot smokers of the world. Originally, it only referred to April 20th which some how, from someone(s) became the official unofficial day of staying high, not that many in that sub-culture need a special day to be stoned, but... As time progressed, it went from April 20th to any time frame which included the numbers, "420," as in 4:20 PM.

320, thus becomes an hour early. The reality though, is that I saw the neat sets of lines and that's what first drew my eye. Left verticals, right horizontals with two intersecting diagonals to break both planes into manageable areas of visual inspection. I really liked how the wood door and galvanized corrugated metal almost became one surface after years of painting, repainting and lots of rusted surfaces. 320 is just the street address.
Thanks for the clarification, Chris.
I now realize that my education was sorely lacking in some areas...
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »

I wondered if it was a 420 friendly reference having observed your penchant for humor. Nice shot!

20+ years with high school kids at a school whose motto was "Stay high, Bay High" you get to know all the slang and a lot of stuff you'd rather not know.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »

I'm 67 and I got it right away. :).
I say keep the original title.  Nice image, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up