Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikkor Lens - Some help Needed  (Read 2012 times)

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
Nikkor Lens - Some help Needed
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »

Hello there,

I have a little problem. I'm in love with my 50f1.2, brand new lens bought few months ago. Well... this weekend I covered some artists on stage, very close to the beach. I do not know if its linked or not BUT I do have some problem with the focusing ring. To be precise, there is no hard point but it seems that a little sand grain went into the lens on the path of the focusing ring thus led a sort of crrrrrrrrrrr very smooth but there. You now know why I am extremely frustrated.

Above my frustration, as a NPS member, come an another coat of sadness (what a cake) because NPS told me that they will charge me around 190 Euros for dismounting and cleaning.

So, here is my plan:

I come here in total humility to ask some kind and clever souls to find me the blueprint to dismount my precious 50mm f/1.2 Nikkor.

May the Force be with you, live long and prosper.

H
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Ajoy Roy

Re: Nikkor Lens - Some help Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:11:39 am »

I would not recommend dismantling the lense if you have not done so previously.

Sell the lense. If the difference between the sale and a new purchase is less than the repair costs, sell it and buy a new copy, else it would be cheaper to get it cleaned professionally.

I did read that "lens coat" makes covers to protect the lenses in harsh environment. You may thing on getting one if you are going to shoot in harsh environment.
http://www.lenscoat.com/index.php?osCsid=9c60e6157d543f0390c68344f72c8256
Ajoy Roy, image processing

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:34:03 am »

Bite the bullet, 190 euros ain't cheap but better than foisting a 'damaged' lens on an unsuspecting buyer. In the UK at least, it is actually illegal to do so; you're obliged to point out any known defects. Some camera shops do have their own 'repair and service' technicians and they may be able to do it for less.

In the meantime,
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/07/29/new-nikon-patents-for-50mm-f1-2-and-60mm-f1-2-lenses.aspx/

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:17:42 am »

I would post a thread on NikonGear and hope Bjorn Rorslett would answer. Or you could just direct the question to him. He is THE MAN when it comes to Nikkor lenses.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:43 am »

I would post a thread on NikonGear and hope Bjorn Rorslett would answer. Or you could just direct the question to him. He is THE MAN when it comes to Nikkor lenses.

I know that Nikon service have special modus operandi on paper to dismount all gear, like a dslr or anything else. I suspect that it is the same for lenses especially old design without AF like my Nikkor. ANd no I will not sell it :) If you can contact Bjorn it would be awesome !  

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:49:46 am by Hulyss »

RFPhotography

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 10:23:34 am »

I know that Nikon service have special modus operandi on paper to dismount all gear, like a dslr or anything else. I suspect that it is the same for lenses especially old design without AF like my Nikkor. ANd no I will not sell it :) If you can contact Bjorn it would be awesome !  

You want someone else to do your legwork?  If you want to get the lens fixed, you need to do your own research and make contacts with people who may be able to help.  Expecting someone else to do it for you is lazy.

On another note, stop posting other people's images in your messages.  It's theft.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:29:34 pm »

Hello Bob ! I did the research but was not able to have the Nikon plan for dismounting BUT someone mailed me trough Atlantic and gave me the solution. I did the cleaning today, around 4 hours of work now it work like a charm :) Thank you !

PS: The photos I have posted are not stolen this is public photos everyone can and use on Social media like facebook, Vine ... ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up