Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighthouse  (Read 636 times)

Harald L

Lighthouse
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:55:42 am »

Baltic Sea
Glad to be an amateur

DanLehman

Re: Lighthouse
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:48:13 pm »

Thanks.

The mood of an ancient lighthouse's lonely longing-for/looking-at the sea is tarnished by the happy? tourists at its rail, alas.

My inclination would be to shape a portrait image centering the manmade structure between sand & grass, tree & sky, trimming off some of the left and then much of right sides.

I also toyed with a landscape view cutting out the sand (as though the tree's sweep of branches pointed to where to look (rather than as it is by seabreeze, away from there).

--dl*
====

Harald L

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 03:40:13 am »

Thanks.

The mood of an ancient lighthouse's lonely longing-for/looking-at the sea is tarnished by the happy? tourists at its rail, alas.

My inclination would be to shape a portrait image centering the manmade structure between sand & grass, tree & sky, trimming off some of the left and then much of right sides.

I also toyed with a landscape view cutting out the sand (as though the tree's sweep of branches pointed to where to look (rather than as it is by seabreeze, away from there).

--dl*
====

:'( Happy Tourists? Your story-telling can be improved! What you've seen was the old and bearded lighthouse-keeper looking full of sorrow to the sea where a storm is going to hit the coast. He's accompanied by two customs-officers looking for the smugglers hiding in the dunes.

Anyway, attached find the deserted lighthouse in the crop you've suggested. Not bad at all but I'd prefer the large one.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

stamper

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 04:12:24 am »

Thanks.

--dl*
====

It looks as if you want to change the image completely to something that the poster didn't see and visualise. It looks fine as it is and very likeable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up