Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long time forum member starts dealership for Rolleiflex products in the US  (Read 10790 times)

Mr. Rib

Good luck Eric!

colinm

Anything that increases the number of camera options with a WLF is fine by me. ;)

Best of luck, Eric!
Colin

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

So, DHW owns the Rollei trade mark? Happy for the DHW people.

Best regards
Erik

Hi everybody,

Today I'm happy to make a little announcement that could especially be interesting for all the US customers out there. Eric Hiss, a long time friend of our company and products, and user of this forum decided to partner up with us and build a long term business-relationship.

So from now on Eric will take presence as a dealer for all  products made by DHW for every interested customer. With his huge experience in our products he can support you in your purchase decision process as well as in later troubleshooting and any warranty/service issues.

You can visit his web presence and online shop at www.rolleiflex.us.  He will happily try to help you with anything about our products.  And of course you can keep contacting DHW directly via mail or phone too.

Warm regards,

Johannes

Erik Kaffehr

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

Hi,

So, DHW owns the Rollei trade mark? Happy for the DHW people.

Best regards
Erik

Erik,
RCP has the trade marks, but DHW is making the professional line of cameras and lenses in the same factory they were always made in going all the way back to 1929.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:38:28 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

paulmoorestudio

• http://paulmoorestudio.com

nice to see you made this happen, good luck with it.

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Re: Long time forum member starts dealership for Rolleiflex products in the US
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »

Hello,
I'd like to add that Eric has proven himself to me: he works very hard and is very knowledgeable - we worked through a problem once together and I was extremely impressed. I wish him very well! This will be a boon for people in the U.S. and a very good move for DHW - Rolleiflex. They are a great company and their service has been wonderful. I think the mod2 Hy6 is a major improvement even though on paper it looks like fairly small modifications to the original.
Neil

TeknoSmurf

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

I'm one happy camper who just bought and got delivery of a Hy6 Mod2 kit from Eric.  Eric, on multiple occasions, was very helpful and patiently answered all sorts of Hy6 related questions I had while researching this camera prior to purchase.  And this was even when he was very busy updating his new Rolleiflex.us website. 

Thanks, Eric, and good luck.  :)
...Leo

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »

Best of luck with the new venture, Eric!

Peter Devos

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »

Long time (ago) Rollei user that had forgotten how nicely the Rollei camera was made is returning to his first love.... For personal work i will be using my Rollei 6001 with CF39MS and 528c again :-)
I cant wait start shooting again but the weather here in Europe is just ....! Even after 5 years of not being used, the camera and lenses just work fine and the old batteries i bought back in 1998 and 2001 are still going strong.
I am sure Eric will be very happy to see my self made contraption ( the lens on the body) being in use again :-)

Carsten W

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 12:53:39 pm »

I have recently joined the Hy6 world, having had a 6008i for a couple of years. The size of the Hy6 really makes a difference for me, as it now fits in all my main bags, where the 6008i had trouble. I just came back from vacation and really enjoyed using this excellent camera, with the Schneider 40 and 150, and a Zeiss 80 (which I will probably replace with a Schneider at some point, or perhaps with the 90 Makro). A Maxwell matte screen should be on its way soon from Eric to me, and I really look forward to trying it out. I use an eMotion 75LV, by the way.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 02:32:48 pm »

Hi Peter,
Nice to hear from you again.  I mostly use my Hy6 with AFi-ii 12 but occasionally, I'll use my 6008AF with the 528 back as well (and sometimes film too).  I've always admired your self made parts.  I've made my own tilt shift set up with a cambo X-2 frame and the Rollei/schneider 150mm apo bellows lens fitted to a reto adapter.  This is a much bulkier setup, but I can focus to infinity as well as close up for product work plus I can shift 25mm in any direction, and all the shutter and aperture electronic functions are intact.  The 150mm APO bellows lens is special since it has no retrofocal element and a very large image circle (as you probably know).  This works with the Hy6 and 6000 series.

Rolleiflex USA

Carsten W

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 05:43:22 pm »

Eric, maybe you can help me with something. I have a bad time trying to figure out what diopter I need, and where to buy that then. Perhaps DHW is also a source for these, but how do I know which one I need? This is both for the waist-level finder and the 45 degree finder.

Theodoros

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

The zombies have been resurrected! If someone can now revive the Plaubel Makina, or the Fuji 120 rangefinders  with a cheap digital back maybe we can have zombies vs vampires ...

Edmund
Out of all replies I've ever seen, this seems the most meen & ridiculous one ever!...no reasoning or support of argument behind it either (the definition of trolling). Most museums around the world and most art reproduction photographers, are not only doing the most demanding photography out of them all..., but are insisting in using "Zombies" too... Leica is also so foolish as into invest in "Zombies" (like Sinarbacks and Contax).... so is DHW that is keeping Rollei alive and kicking...

Eric... I'm sure you'll contribute your best to your new task and I wish you the best (which I'm sure you will achieve) of success! ...easy task! ...let the better equipment win!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:15:48 pm by Theodoros »

Peter Devos

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 08:14:25 pm »

Hi Peter,
Nice to hear from you again.  I mostly use my Hy6 with AFi-ii 12 but occasionally, I'll use my 6008AF with the 528 back as well (and sometimes film too).  I've always admired your self made parts.  I've made my own tilt shift set up with a cambo X-2 frame and the Rollei/schneider 150mm apo bellows lens fitted to a reto adapter.  This is a much bulkier setup, but I can focus to infinity as well as close up for product work plus I can shift 25mm in any direction, and all the shutter and aperture electronic functions are intact.  The 150mm APO bellows lens is special since it has no retrofocal element and a very large image circle (as you probably know).  This works with the Hy6 and 6000 series.

Hi Eric, i also really love the 150mm on my bellows. (Sitting on the bellows on my picture) but i stil have to make a tilt/shift adapter that fits the lens. Probably your system is the way to go 😊.
I also really hope that Rollei will rise again and that this time their partners will invest in products AND marketing.
The rollei system, from twin lens, 6000 up to the Hy6 is way to good to disapear. Lens quality is phenomenal and the camerabodies are made to go to the extreme :-)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »

Carsten,
Regarding the diopters - when you look through a lens, you do want to know your eye glass correction value for distance on the eye you focus with.  This is normally the first value reported in an eye Rx (called Sphere in the US) and will be a + or - value where + means you are farsighted and - means you are near sighted.  

Knowing this number is a good starting point.  The number system in diopters and this is additive and this is a bit important for the Rolleiflex system since the standard diopter in the WLF is a -0.5 diopter and the standard diopter in the 45 deg prisms is a 8.5 diopter optic.   Diopters are additive ...  So if you need a +1 correction then you'd want a +0.5 diopter in the WLF and a +9.5 in the prism.    If you don't have eyeglasses or know your prescription then you can take your camera and prism down to an optometrist and they can tell you what you need (and also what you have in your prism - esp important if you have a used camera because it may no longer have the standard optic in it).      

Of course you can just tell me your script and I can figure out what you need.   I have a supply of some, but not all sizes available.  I have lots of the +3 and -3 sizes. DHW has some too but last time I checked they were out of stock on many of the common sizes.

Rolleiflex USA

Carsten W

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »

My diopter used to be -2.75/-1.25 once upon a time, but I haven't had it checked in a long time, and it has definitely changed for the worse, so I am not sure what it is now. I guess my first step is to figure that out, then I will ask you again. Thanks for your assistance.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up