Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wavy Columns  (Read 822 times)

cjogo

Wavy Columns
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »

Window reflection at Castle on Hill --Buda
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:57:01 pm by cjogo »

cjogo

Re: Waves of Collums
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:01:56 pm »

This was shot with a 150mm & a Hassy ---It is actually a piece of Mylar type covering > draped  over a window > to keep the sun out.   The longer lens let me isolate & allow the tite perspective.   

Rob C

Re: Wavy Collums
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

Window reflection at Castle on Hill --Buda

I thought you were quoting an oriental deity/leader there, for a moment. You do mean Buda as in pest?

(For the challenged: yes, I do know how to spell both.)

Another really interesting picture, though, no confusion there.

You know, you are bad for me: I keep getting these hot, Hasselblad 500 flushes over and over; they pass and get forgotten in the relief of reality and the problems of E6 and dedicated scanners, only to be given another reviving shot now and then, like now, that reminds me of that special quality that the square viewfinder creates, something beyond just its size.

But keep on posting.

;-)

Rob C

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »

The square was a format of mine since about 1977 --but the Hassy was sold about 15 years ago . The occasional shot, with a digital camera format, I've adapted to  ;D

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »

Love it

cjogo

Re: Wavy Columns
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »

Thanks all ---  Not sure if traveling to spots --outside the US -- is still the same ==  in regards to carrying a large tripod.   I think in the dozen trips to, at least Europe, never saw another one.. Nada one in Mexico - Columbia - Caribbean ?  Never could achieved the shots I did  ~ without a very sturdy tripod ( they didn't really have carbon ones yet ) And I need it eye-level =without the center column up.  
The tripod/ball-head  was a very necessary instrument in composing for me...   BUT I guess now we have fast ISO cameras and great zooms..  Somehow the slow-motion method of my instruments really made me work for -or reject a potential image. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:00:11 pm by cjogo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up