Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continental Divide  (Read 6285 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Continental Divide
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »

Slobodan,
    so judging from your avatar, you are American, right?

I am now  ;D

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

I am now  ;D

Congratulations!

No update on linkedin though!   :D

BTW, you'll have another one trying to blend as our youngest hopes to be over there in June, if it works out this time that is.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:03:18 pm by Justinr »

Jimbo57

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 05:44:28 am »

OK - so Americans wear inane grins that make them look mentally defective and Europeans wear scowls that make them look mentally defective.

I think that says more about the numpties that use LinkedIn than about any continental divide.

spidermike

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 05:58:39 am »

I see differences like this many times on corporate bulleting boards - the Americans go for identikit, smiling, 'go-get-em' corproate-style images while the Europeans generally provide a family snapshot or passport photo.
Oddly enough, meet them in person at a business meeting and as a broad generalisation it is the opposite: the Americans are usually dressed and act more relaxed and matey while the Europeans are more likely to be in full suit and formal.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 08:58:08 am »

OK - so Americans wear inane grins that make them look mentally defective and Europeans wear scowls that make them look mentally defective.

I think that says more about the numpties that use LinkedIn than about any continental divide.

Having been of much the same mind as you when it comes to Linkedin I've recently come to find some use for it, but certainly not as Linkedin intended (if they really intend anything at all and I'm not sure they have a clue what to do with it). But anyway, it has become a useful resource for hints on what's happening in various companies as well keeping in touch with those who I've met who still hold some relevance to what I do. What is stated directly on the site is often of little use but noting that somebody has moved company or written a post on a specific subject can give all sorts away as to what's really happening. If I'm doing this in an amateurish manner you can bet your bottom dollar there are those who are doing it in a much more sophisticated and opprobrious way! 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

I think that says more about the observer than the observed, when someone sees 350 million people, grinning or not, as "numpties" and "mentally defective."

spidermike

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 11:27:41 am »

There is a phrase 'grinning like an idiot' that came about for a reason  ;D and I find it hard to believe having your photo taken is particularly exciting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up