Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greyed out controls in soft proofing mode  (Read 3670 times)

Mark F

Greyed out controls in soft proofing mode
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

Hi,

As soon as I either hit the "create proof copy" button or answer yes to the question, all of the develop controls are greyed out. I've exited and rebooted but no help. I've tried entering the soft proofing area both by checking off the box at the bottom of the screen and by hitting the "S" key but no help. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm using LR 4.4 on a Mac using 10.6.8.

Thanks.

Mark
Mark

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
Re: Greyed out controls in soft proofing mode
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 01:48:48 am »

It happens to me sometimes. Try exitting softproof mode and entering again, usualy it works.

Best regards.

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:23:38 am »

It happens to me sometimes. Try exitting softproof mode and entering again, usualy it works.

Best regards.

Same here.  I've learned to uncheck / recheck the SP checkbox and the controls come back alive.  
(5.2 RC on Win 7)
Eric, Jeff ... Is this a bug or is there something we (I) don't understand?

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Mark F

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:21:40 am »

Thanks very much, Rand and Geraldo. This works for me too and is an easy work-around once I make the proof copy.

If this is still happening in v5 I guess there will not be a fix for v4.
Mark

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

Hello,

I can reproduce exactly this effect when the physical image-file is not available ( i.e. the folder containing the images is not available or offline). But I bet this expanation is too easy.

Otherwise, I could imagine that this can happen if the last used profile is either broken or not a version 3 ICC profile.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Rand47

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:59 pm »

I can reproduce exactly this effect when the physical image-file is not available

My files are "present and accounted for" when this happens, so that's not the issue in my case.

Here's the sequence. After I check the soft proof check box, choose the appropriate profile, check "sim paper & ink" - all is well right up to making the first slider correction.  Slider moves fine, dialog pops up asking re create proof copy, when I create proof copy it does so - and sliders gray-out.  I need to uncheck then recheck the soft proof check box to get the sliders back.  Disconcerting until I figureded out how to "get them back," - now a mere inconvenience. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »

Hello,

after a few tries I encounter the same problem. After the creation of the virtual copy for the proof, all sliders are greyed out and cannot be moved anymore. But, when switching to grid-view by pressing G, I see the virtual copy for the proof. After clicking on it and changing to the development module again, I can do the proof and use all sliders.

Sonds a bit complicated and should be changed, but it is a work-around.

But, I'm aware that I  use the release candidat 5.2 and it is normal that these kind of version can contain bugs.

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

Hello,

this issue still persists in the 5.2 release.

But, I accidentally found a 'work around' I'll bet everybody can live with :

- press S in develop mode to start softproofing
- move any slider to let the popup asking for the virtual copy to be created
- let the virtual copy be created - now all slider are greyed out
- change the rendering intend in any direction - all slider immediatly come back to life
- any further change of the rendering intend doesn't change the behavior other than expected -> rendering intend[/li][/list]

Robert

Rand47

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

this issue still persists in the 5.2 release

Interesting...  in 5.2 (after downloading it from CC) this behavior is gone.  I tested it on several images just to make sure.

Any others who have experienced the gray-out care to comment on whether it persists in your 5.2 release?

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

jwlimages

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:37 am »

Yup, I've seen it here.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up