Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kudos to Canson  (Read 1494 times)

Rand47

Kudos to Canson
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:55 am »

Don't know if anyone from Canson papers reads the LuLa board or not, but thought I'd toss out thanks for something simple they do.
On my Win7 machine at least, recently the name of the icc profiles for their papers that I've downloaded and installed includes the appropriate media setting for my Epson printers in parentheses at the end of the file name.
Every once in a while when creating a new preset, I have to go back to dig around in previous presets, notes, or web sites, or paperwork that came with paper to refresh my memory on the proper media type.
Having it "right there" in the icc profile name is just a nice touch.  Good on you, Canson.
This would be a nice "industry standard" for others to follow IMO.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Kudos to Canson
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »

That's a very helpful touch indeed. Another reason to like Canson!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

howardm

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:26:19 pm »

All of my interactions w/ them have been very good.

One thing I ended up doing was to buy a box of Avery cut labels (something like 3"x3") and download one of their
templates.  I made a label w/ all the required info for the paper in quesiton and stuck it on
the box so the info is always at-hand.

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:49:18 am »

I couldn't agree more. I called Canson to ask a question and got voice mail. Within a couple of hours (to my surprise) my call was returned and my question answered by a very helpful customer service person who also sent me two sample packs (no charge) to further answer my questions. Then I found the printer settings in the ICC profiles and the first paper I tried, Platine, was magnificent. I have become very enthusiastic about Canson!

OliverS

• Distribution of Foto+FineArt Papers
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:31:16 am »

Hm, one of the big ones is doing it? Congratulation - one of them who learned "how to".

I work in Germany for Rauch, we make f.e. the "MediaJet® ArtistLine" paper.
(Not available in the US .....at the moment)

Our profiles are named for example:
Eps_R3000_MatBlack_MediaJetPhotoArtNaturalMatt_BasisVelvetFineArtPaper.zip

Manufacturer_Printer_Ink_Name_MediaType (Basis or Basepaper)

Everything in the name - no request necessary.

regards
Oliver

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 12:20:41 pm »

Having it "right there" in the icc profile name is just a nice touch.  Good on you, Canson.
This would be a nice "industry standard" for others to follow IMO.

That's something I've been doing and encouraging others to do for 13 years now. The fact that they are doing it in parenthesis like I've been doing and lecturing on suggests they're following my lead. :-]

My profile naming convented (established in 2000): [owners name] [printer model] [paper] (abreviation of printer driver media setting) [date (mo-yr)].icc
Example: "Onsight 9400 Canson Baryta (PPPSG) 8-13.icc"

The fact that they are also changing the copyright string in the profile with their name and web address separated by a dash (exactly as I've done for 10+ years) also suggests they've taken a look at my profiles and adopted this procedure.

My copyright string= Created by Scott Martin - www.on-sight.com
Their copyright string= Created by Canson (11-12) - www.cansoninfinity.com

Considering some mutual connections we have I'm pretty sure that's where these conventions are coming from.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:32:51 pm by Scott Martin »
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up