Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: intriguing?  (Read 916 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
intriguing?
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:50:21 am »

Rob C

Re: intriguing?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:47:07 am »

Unless I misread, it doesn't come FF, which today, where so much emphasis is on body size, is a no-no. Why would anyone want a large-bodied small sensor?

To get it right, I think the chap should have first found a sponsor or venture capitalist prepared to start off where the product should be aiming to finish: FF.

I'd love to use my F3 again, and the lack of a rear screen wouldn't bother me at all, but the metering with it wasn't much cock for anything but rough B/W usage. That means that a hand-meter would enter the luggage again. And expoure via meter, as for tranny, doesn't work in quite the same way with digital - at least not consistently the few times I tried that route. So far, I've found nothing happening to my exposures that makes me want to desert Nikon's Matrix.

I suppose that in the end, the camera makers already offer a sophisticated package impossible to beat without the complete range of factory services and research.

Not for my pennies. But then, the family has already been burned by 'safe' investment too. Indeed, not for widows or orphans, and at my age I'm sure an orphan!

Rob C

francois

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:54:28 am »

Or just silly?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/digipod

Jeremy

Kind of silly and frankly, I doubt that funding will be successful with only 30 days left and £190,000 still missing…
Francois

scooby70

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:01:37 am »

It's interesting and I'd be interested if the sensor was at least MFT sized but I doubt he'll raise the money, shame.

Unless I misread, it doesn't come FF, which today, where so much emphasis is on body size, is a no-no. Why would anyone want a large-bodied small sensor?

Modern DSLR's are mostly big fat heavy lumps and so are their lenses and something line a Panasonic G1 + a lens seems much closer to the bulk of the cameras I used to use even if the modern combo is heavier.

It'd be lovely to shoot with old OM or even Leica bodies even if the output is a x2 crop MFT and I'm sure it'd find buyers. I'd like to see this take off and I'm pretty sure it'd sell but in what numbers I just don't know.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:03:26 am by scooby70 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up