Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarrassing Remedial LR5 Set-Up Problem  (Read 3343 times)

Kit-V

Embarrassing Remedial LR5 Set-Up Problem
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:26:08 am »

I can't believe I am asking this, however, I'm stumped. I recently purchased & successfully installed the LR5 upgrader. As expected, when launched it loads on my primary display on my MacBook Pro. I would like to move it to my larger secondary display, so that when I open LR it will automatically open on the secondary display. This is what I had done with LR4. But I cannot remember how I did it (hence, the embarrassment).

Clicking & dragging does not seem to work & I cannot find any way to move it in the drop-down menus. Also, another oddity (though not necessarily related) is that the Apple menu bar is hidden until I place the cursor at the top of the screen, whereby it will drop down. This only occurs with LR.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Kit
Falling Fork Photography

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Embarrassing Remedial LR5 Set-Up Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:15 am »

I don't have a solution for you, but I just wanted to say there's solace in knowing I'm not the only one who has memory lapses like you've described! Someone will ask me how I set something up a certain way and for the life of me I can't remember what I did! I keep telling myself that it's a sign of how complicated things have become (which, once set, make things more straightforward), but perhaps it's also a sign of age!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:55:58 am by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:52 am »

Also, another oddity (though not necessarily related) is that the Apple menu bar is hidden until I place the cursor at the top of the screen, whereby it will drop down.

Try Shift + F on Lr 5 or just F in Lr 4 and previous versions.  This cycles through 3 different "full" views of Lr.  Once the menu is visible close Lr and it should reopen with the menu visible.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:56:29 am »

Try cycling your [Shift][ F ] Key combination. It is a three position toggle that takes you through several pseudo full-screen modes. My guess is that you are stuck because of the mode you are in. One of the modes should restore your Apple Menu Bar to be always visible. Another mode will also restore the Lightroom Menu Bar to visible. This one should be draggable to the larger screen.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Kit-V

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 11:51:48 am »

Rikk & Rory.

Brilliant! Problem solved. And as a bonus, I was able to sidestep embarrassment & learn something as a result. I was not aware of the effects of the Shift+F keystrokes, so I learned something. Thus, I cannot be embarrassed about something that I never knew, right? (Of course, the fact that I must have inadvertently hit the Shift + F keys which caused my problem might be an indication of stupidity).

Now, as Terry can understand, I just have to remember the "Shift + F" sequence for future bouts of stupidity.  :-)

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated!

Kit

Try cycling your [Shift][ F ] Key combination. It is a three position toggle that takes you through several pseudo full-screen modes. My guess is that you are stuck because of the mode you are in. One of the modes should restore your Apple Menu Bar to be always visible. Another mode will also restore the Lightroom Menu Bar to visible. This one should be draggable to the larger screen.
Falling Fork Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up