Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Girl And A Selfie  (Read 3277 times)

Harald L

Re: A Girl And A Selfie
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 10:32:08 am »

My take on this is this is the world we live it. It evolves whether we like it or not. ...

No Sir! In this particular case it isn't the world which evolves. We do evolve our world deliberately in a place of rush, junk and plastic.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 02:04:49 pm »

No Sir! In this particular case it isn't the world which evolves. We do evolve our world deliberately in a place of rush, junk and plastic.

Harald

You're absolutely right; it's all a sort of suicidal race to the end of our days.

I lost my wife five years ago come November; in the passing of the interim, one of the many huge losses that I notice, outwith emotional loss, is to be found in the quality of my daily standard of living.

Where once we would sit and enjoy thirty minutes with a G&T along with a canapé of some kind before the meal, that kind of moment doesn't now exist; where meals meant conversation and humour or even, rarely, an argument about something very trivial spread over at least a couple of hours and a bottle of plonk, there is now a restaurant and meaningless chat with the staff, all of whom are very nice but oh, so young and so enthusiastically vacant.

Food becomes fuel; a thirty-five-minute pit-stop.

At least you can still go into a cheap bar here and expect coffee and drinks in cups and glasses... unless it's a festival, in which case, in several places it's plastic because of the drunks. But maybe twice a year ain't too bad. They have Big Mac joints here, but I never go there - maybe they use polystyrene too.

Once, in Florida, the model insisted we all go to a Mac for a meal: no - you won't want to hear about that experience.

Such is the life we create, and many have come to expect.

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:08:01 pm by Rob C »

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

Counter argument...evolution is a process whereas change is brought about by natural elements or adaptation to technology. Let's take cellphones: who leaves home without one now days? Really, honestly...a precious few who live in areas where there is no or limited cell service and yet 10 years ago, having a cell phone was considered a luxury of which only a few could afford. Today, like the iPod, Mac Book, jump drive, SanDisk, each are must haves, don't go without items... And, are all examples of evolution that evolve because we as humans embrace them. As to plastic ware, it too is one of those things we've embraced by not objecting strongly enough at the beginning. It easier and cheaper and a fight none of us thought we could win against Mickey D's and the like.

The world is we, until of course we blow it to hell by eating fast food, getting too fat, being pissed about being too fat then going postal with nukes...geeze, I'm starting to sound like a commercial.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up