Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading/refreshing a Macpro1.1 - need some help with SATAIII PCIe Boot  (Read 6811 times)

tived

• http://

Hi guys,

I am trying to help one of my friends with upgrading or refreshing her aging Macpro1.1 - we got a SONNET TEMPO SSD PCIe card to connect two Sata III SSD's (it advertised that its bootable on Macpro) but maybe not on this aging baby.

Have any of you mac users done anything like this to your macpro1.1? I need some help, OSX Snow leopard see's the card and the two SSD's and it will install on the SSD, but it won't start up on it, I have tried to use the STARTUP DISK, and point it to the SSD on the card, but it just gives me the envelope with the question mark - I admit I am a bit lost

Any help would be great, thanks

Henrik

tived

• http://

Ok, so i'll answer my own questions, macpro1.1 does not support booting from 3rd party devices, probably other then perhaps the Apple RAID card... but I haven't gotten one of those.

moved nice Intel drive to the top row..running at Mac-slow speed - so happy that I don't use mac's

anyway, cute machines! gorgeous looking  :-*

thanks all for looking

Henrik

PS: written from a Mac

francois

While I haven't personally tested on a Mac Pro 1,1 (32-bit EFI), it looks like the Apricorn Velocity Solo x1 works as a bootable solution.

I've used their products on newer versions of Mac Pro without any problem.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:52:42 am by francois »
Francois

jsiva

I do have this working.  But it was a PIA.  You need to format the disk as a stripe and then transfer the OS via USB or FW.  Not sure why it is this way.  So yes, SONNET SSD Pro in dual drive stripe booting OSX 10.8

Pages: [1]   Go Up