Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 7 - problem opening a single image  (Read 3270 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
C1 7 - problem opening a single image
« on: August 17, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

Hi all,

What I am trying to do is drag and drop a single image into C1 7 and edit the image, and I have an output folder already configured. I have tried creating a new session, a new catalog, etc. and nothing seems to work, I can never see the image to edit it. The image exists on my hard drive. If try and select new session, I get nothing. If I try to create a new catalog, it creates a new catalog, and then gives the import dialog, etc. I just want to edit the single file, and go back to what I am using to catalog the files. Any ideas on how to make this work. My understanding it that this used to work in earlier versions of C1.

Thanks,
Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul Sumi

Re: C1 7 - problem opening a single image
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:01 pm »

Alan,

I'll have to try drag and drop with the current version of C1.  I'm not sure, but I don't think drag and drop worked on any recent versions (say, >= v4), either.

Paul

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Re: C1 7 - problem opening a single image
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 08:31:19 pm »

Thanks Paul. What I am trying to do is use Lightroom for my DAM and use C1 to process some of the Fuji X-Pro1 files, which I think does as better job than LR/ACR. I am also more used to LR and a lot of things about C1 catalogs frustrate me, and few are very irritating. John Beardsworth has a plug-in for Lightroom which allows LR to send the original raw file to a program of your choice, which works the same way as dragging and dropping an image into the program. He says it used to work on earlier versions. The plugin is called "Open Directly" and is on the Photographer's Toolbox site. It starts C1 just fine but I get the same reaction as when I drag and drop. I then want to import back in the converted files into LR so that I use my plugins like NIK, etc.

If C1 ever releases the LR catalog import it for Windows that might make me change but there are some things I just don't like about the their catalogs. I also wish they allowed support for plugins like NIK and Topaz labs. So I don't know if I could ever switch completely, but it would be nice if I can get them to play well together. I really do not want to have to do a complete import into each program. Wasteful.

I admit I am not really up to speed with C1, I get frustrated and then just go back and live with LR. I am hoping the upcoming videos will help with the learning curve.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up