Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portugal Tips  (Read 2091 times)

gheder

Portugal Tips
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:33:03 pm »

Hi.

Going to Portugal in october and staying for a week. I will be driving around but with a fixed base. Not going to Lisbon, Porto or the Algarve coast. So looking for tips to good photo spots on the coast north of Lisbon and inland towards the mountains.

Really appreciate all tips!  :)

Thanks

Glenn

stevebri

Re: Portugal Tips
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:09:35 am »

Hi Glenn,

Less than an hr north of Lisbon a great old town called Obidos,  lots of cobbled streets, crumbling architecture and fine views of undulating countryside.

Steve

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:01 am »

As a portuguese, welcome to my country. October is a good option, as all the tourist crowds are gone... I would reconsider not going to Lisbon and Porto, as these are two of the best towns in Europe...

North of Lisbon, it depends how far you go. Around Lisbon there are nice spots (Cascais, Sintra). Further north along the coast, there is Nazaré, Sao Martinho do Porto, Aveiro, all nice. Inland to the mountains there is the Geres Natural reserve; in north Alentejo, one of my favourite places is Marvao and Castelo de Vide. So many places to go!

I invite you to visit my website for photos of these places, perhaps they will give a flavour of what to expect: www.paulobizarro.com

Regards

gheder

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:10:35 am »

Thanks for your tips. And really nice pictures Paulo. Cant wait for october :)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:38 am »

Don't dare skip Lisbon. I spent three days there last November, it reminds me of San Francisco with much more charm and interesting architecture, both old and new. Lisbon is a great food city as well (even photographers have to eat).

To tempt you I have attached a long shot of the Old City and a detail of the Museum of Contemporary Art.
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

gheder

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:29 pm »

The reason Im not going to go to Lisbon is because my travel companion in handicaped. And he cant walk to long at one time. But it looks really nice. Maybe next time :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up