Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook Pro starting up in different resolution after projector use  (Read 30916 times)

JohnNewman

Hi

This isn't a major problem, just something that's a bit annoying. I've got a MBP 17" running 10.8.4. I recently allowed a friend to use it connected to a Canon projector for a camera club presentation.  His projector displays at 1400 x 1050 and, when connected it cut my laptop screen down to that resolution with black bars either side. Not a problem for the presentation but now, every time I start the laptop up, it boots with a 4:3 aspect ratio then switches to full screen after a little while.

In System Preferences/Display, I have it set to "best for built-in display" but it makes no difference. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was either something I could do in Terminal or if there is a Preferences file I could 'dump' to stop this happening.

As I say, not a major issue but a little infuriating and I'm getting a lot of earache from the missus who uses the laptop a lot - to the extent she thinks she owns it :)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
Re: Macbook Pro starting up in different resolution after projector use
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

Known problem  ;).

Resetting the NVRAM/PRAM should resolve the issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:49:49 am by KirbyKrieger »

JohnNewman

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

Thanks Kirby - worked immediately. It was something I should have guessed as I've had to do a reset some while ago for a different issue. Anyway, now booting up fine in full screen.

Cheers

John

KirbyKrieger

• Kirby Krieger Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:34:52 am »

Hi John -- glad it's smoothed out.  I didn't think of it at first, either, but I remembered I'd seen this before.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up