Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural?  (Read 1908 times)

mg73

Anyone using Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural?
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »

I have an 8400 and use the Epson regular exhibition canvas gloss and love it.  I see epson's running a special this month on the exhibition canvas natural.  Anyone using the natural canvas and loving it?  If you have use the regular exhibition canvas, what are the major differences you find between the regular and natural canvas products.   

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: Anyone using Epson Exhibition Canvas Natural?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »

I'm interested as well.  Have asked a few times but it doesn't look like anyone has tried it yet - or they're not saying.
Mike Guilbault

iCanvas

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

I have been given a 24" wide roll Epson Natural canvas to review. It seems to have the same qualities as the previous Epson Premium Satin Canvas; the standard canvas that was before Exhibition canvas. You can roll on your coating which is a plus. The dynamic range seems to be the same as the Exhibition canvas. I prefer the Exhibition canvas. It stretches more to my liking. However, I don't do gallery wraps so I cannot comment there. I use traditional stretcher bars that will go into frames.

Hope that helps,

Gar

iCanvas

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:32 pm »

I would also like to know how the Epson Exhibition canvas prints on the Canon 8400. I have heard that the 8400 doesn't handle thick media so well. The Exhibition canvas is 23 mil and is great. Please let me know if you've had any problems with the thick canvas. If Epson doesn't come out with a new fine art printer soon I may switch to Canon. The 9900 was announced in May 2008. If nothing comes out by February of next year I will be switching to Canon.

Gar

MBrew

• Brewsphoto.Com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:34 am »

I'm about 10' into my first roll of Epson Satin Natural.  It is a pleasure to work with compared to the Exhibition Canvas Satin.  The Exhibition was stiff like cardboard and the Natural is more like a soft fabric without the propensity for head strikes.  The Epson .icc profile for the Natural is an acceptable starting point.

Mike

bparkin

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:43 pm »

I use 15-20 rolls of the 44" matte canvas every year on my 9880 and get terrific results with it.  I usually buy a bunch whenever Epson has their "buy 3 get 1 free rebate".  It does require setting the platen to wide though or else the occasional strike occurs.  I spray the canvases with Breathing Colour's finish and my customers love them.  It stretches well too.  It is a real nice product.

YMMV,

Brent
Pages: [1]   Go Up