Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1D2 puck for Spectraview 2  (Read 2747 times)

RD3F

i1D2 puck for Spectraview 2
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »

Hello.

I am in the process of updating the Artisan/Apple G5 setup with a PA271 or PA242 with one of the more recent OS Macs we have.
Nothing wrong with the Artisan and it still has plenty of useful life left in it but the G5 has been kept at Tiger and will remain there.

Spent several hours searching and reading the Color Management forum discussions on NEC PA series monitors, Spectraview 2 software and the wisdom of buying separate the Eye 1 Display Pro instead of the NEC branded puck.

I bought the i1D2 several years ago and would like to make use of it with the Spectraview 2 software.
However, found several comments on it not being the ideal paring with the Spectraview 2 and instead to use the current i1D Pro.
This despite it being listed as a compatible device.

Before abandoning the i1D2 and adding to the collection of orphaned devices, how limiting would it be to use it with the Spectraview 2 software for calibrating the PA series monitors?
Just wanted to check before shelling out for the Pro.
Is the i1D2 seriously flawed enough to switch to the Pro for using with Spectraview 2?

Thank you for your help.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: i1D2 puck for Spectraview 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:20 pm »

IMO it's most likely better to use NEC MultiProfiler without any puck, than to use i1D2+SV II on a WG CCFL or GBr LED display. If you want a decent solution, get i1Display Pro/NEC Spectra Sensor + SpectraView II.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:54:10 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

RD3F

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:13 pm »

Thank you for replying.

That's another thumbs down for the i1D2...

Now I need to read up on 'MultiProfiler' and 'NEC Spectra Sensor'.

NEC Spectra Sensor - Is this the current NEC sensor packaged with the SpectraView II? Is this a 'locked' Eye 1 Display Pro for using only with SV II?

WombatHorror

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »

Hello.

I am in the process of updating the Artisan/Apple G5 setup with a PA271 or PA242 with one of the more recent OS Macs we have.
Nothing wrong with the Artisan and it still has plenty of useful life left in it but the G5 has been kept at Tiger and will remain there.

Spent several hours searching and reading the Color Management forum discussions on NEC PA series monitors, Spectraview 2 software and the wisdom of buying separate the Eye 1 Display Pro instead of the NEC branded puck.

I bought the i1D2 several years ago and would like to make use of it with the Spectraview 2 software.
However, found several comments on it not being the ideal paring with the Spectraview 2 and instead to use the current i1D Pro.
This despite it being listed as a compatible device.

Before abandoning the i1D2 and adding to the collection of orphaned devices, how limiting would it be to use it with the Spectraview 2 software for calibrating the PA series monitors?
Just wanted to check before shelling out for the Pro.
Is the i1D2 seriously flawed enough to switch to the Pro for using with Spectraview 2?

Thank you for your help.

Forget the i1D2:
1. off the shelf copies have huge copy to copy variation they are just not very accurate (unless you are lucky); an i1D2 from NEC is calibrated so the copy variation is not so high
2. they can't handle wide gamut at all unless compensation is used and spectraview II doesn't seem to unlock i1D2 compensation unless it detects and i1D2 that came from NEC and then they apply the compensation to match how they calibrated their i1D2 pucks.

WombatHorror

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

Thank you for replying.

That's another thumbs down for the i1D2...

Now I need to read up on 'MultiProfiler' and 'NEC Spectra Sensor'.

NEC Spectra Sensor - Is this the current NEC sensor packaged with the SpectraView II? Is this a 'locked' Eye 1 Display Pro for using only with SV II?

Yeah, unfortunately the i1Display Pro III from NEC is locked. X-rite's fault. Insanely obnoxious of x-rite and i dont' get what they heck the point of it is other than to be annoying, sounds like something some newly minted MBA (who has never even used an xrite product) came up with in some marketing meeting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up