Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 VLM clog  (Read 1028 times)

JanFaul

Epson 4900 VLM clog
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:27:04 pm »

I have a 4900 (8/2009) which has had about 1700 prints through it and now the VLM head is clogged so badly even powerful cleaning does nothing. I have been informed I should do a new initial ink install.

Could I get some advice about this procedure from somebody else who has had a serious VLM clog. Epson and Cone have the same suggestion: buy our most expensive products short of buying a new printer. Neither can guarantee they will fix the clogged head. 

thanks
Jan Faul

JeffW

Re: Epson 4900 VLM clog
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:55:05 pm »

Jan,

My suggestion would be to try a charge. A lot cheaper than buying all the products. What I have found with my 4900 is that I need to print all the time or it will clog. Also, if I do a head clean, my test prints get much worse on those heads that had shown some minor dropout. I probably need to clean the capping station, so that the vacuum needed for cleaning will work correctly.

Recently, I picked up the Harvey Head cleaner and I have to say that, so far, my problems have diminished dramatically. I have set it up to run a test print everyday and then once a week I shake the cartridges and run a full sized print( I am a hobbiest). Even with the humidity dropping below 35% and not doing any significant printing for weeks at a time, I have had zero problems, in the two months I have had the Harvey program
Pages: [1]   Go Up