Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two months of MFDB, looking back  (Read 1969 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Two months of MFDB, looking back
« on: August 14, 2013, 01:12:44 am »

Hi,

I had my P45+ on Hasselblad V for about two months.

I posted a small article about it here: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.php/photoarticles/77-two-months-of-mfd-looking-back
The article links to quite a few sample images with raw files.

That article is companion to an older one: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.php/photoarticles/76-my-medium-format-digital-journey

The intent of both articles is simply to share the experience.

I am off for four weeks of travel, with my P45+ ;-) so there will few or no updates for a few weeks.
Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:45:28 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Two months of MFDB, looking back
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:35:40 am »

Thanks for sharing!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:21:33 am »

Thanks Erik.

Cheers,
Bernard

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:46:58 am »

Yes, thanks! I noticed you have whole bunch of the V lenses but the CF100/3.5 seems to be missing. If you find the 120 your most used lens but with flaws at infinity you will probably really like the 100mm. I have found it one of the best lenses of the V system.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:08 am »

Hi,

I have noticed the 100/3.5, it seems that Hasselblad made som very fine lenses lately, the 40 FLE IF also comes to mind. But the 100/3.5 is not easy to find and quite expensive. Also, I have the 80/2.8 which is quite close. In addition the 120 is a macro lens, which can be nice to have. Zeiss recommends the 120/4 over the 100/3.5 for subjects smaller than one squre meter.

But, would I stumble over one with 2-3k$ in my pocket who nows?!

Best regards
Erik

Yes, thanks! I noticed you have whole bunch of the V lenses but the CF100/3.5 seems to be missing. If you find the 120 your most used lens but with flaws at infinity you will probably really like the 100mm. I have found it one of the best lenses of the V system.
Erik Kaffehr

torger

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:30:57 am »

Do you enjoy using the system, ie is it fun to use? I'm guessing that it was more than the image quality you were interested in. It's hard to motivate entry-level MFD if one is only looking at image quality, flexibility and ease of use.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 12:25:43 am »

Hi Anders,

Many things, I guess I wanted to find out about medium format. Just to have been there, done that. Find out a out myths and realities.

Using it is sort of fun, if you are an ardent tripod user. Shooting with the Alpha 99 I normally use is so much more efficient. It is nice to work with a classic.

Sharpness is great, but I guess I could have the same sharpness with a Nikon D800. 39 MP vs. 24 MP makes a real difference.

I would say that it was not really a rational decision. I am at the stage if life when men buy motorbikes, for me it was a camera instead.

Best regards
Erik

Do you enjoy using the system, ie is it fun to use? I'm guessing that it was more than the image quality you were interested in. It's hard to motivate entry-level MFD if one is only looking at image quality, flexibility and ease of use.
Erik Kaffehr

ondebanks

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:02 am »

But the 100/3.5 is not easy to find and quite expensive.

But, would I stumble over one with 2-3k$ in my pocket who nows?!

Hi Erik,

Maybe you're not looking in the right places? KEH currently lists three 100/3.5 lenses (C and CF types, EX and EX+ condition) for between $800-1000.

Ray (always glad to help people spend more money on old photo gear!)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46:48 pm »

Ray,

Thanks a lot. Not buying right now, anyway. I need to sort out the five lenses I have and also take some pictures:-)

Best regards
Erik

Hi Erik,

Maybe you're not looking in the right places? KEH currently lists three 100/3.5 lenses (C and CF types, EX and EX+ condition) for between $800-1000.

Ray (always glad to help people spend more money on old photo gear!)
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up