Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens adapter from micro 4/3rds to Fuji X mount.  (Read 7815 times)

Praki

Lens adapter from micro 4/3rds to Fuji X mount.
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »

Hello:
I want to use my Panasonic 7 -14 mm zoom lens with  Micro 4/3rds mount on the Fuji XM1. Anyone know of any adapters that will do the job?
Thanks.
Praki.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Lens adapter from micro 4/3rds to Fuji X mount.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:40:10 pm »

Haven't seen one. The Micro 4/3 sensor is smaller than the Fuji X series, so I would think that the m4/3 lenses won't cover the whole Fuji sensor. That's probably why no one is making an adapter.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

250swb

Re: Lens adapter from micro 4/3rds to Fuji X mount.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:47:44 am »

The image circle of 4/3 is very large, nearly as big as FF and enough to cover APS-C as a circle, and m4/3 is not far behind, but you may find it is the registration distance that is the problem. In any case they are not designed to be sharp over the entire circle which would be a waste of time. But it is why 4/3 and m4/3 lenses are so sharp and well corrected, they only use a small part from the middle of a big circle, so nothing is being stressed and extreme designs are much easier to make cheaply.

Steve

BJL

Re: Lens adapter from micro 4/3rds to FujiFILM X mount
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »

I agree that the mFT registration distance is probably too short for an adaptor to Fujifilm X mount bodies without the hassles of a lens in the adaptor (whereas Four Thirds lenses would not have that problem) but:
The image circle of 4/3 is very large, nearly as big as FF and enough to cover APS-C as a circle, and m4/3 is not far behind ...
Where do you get that from? Both Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds are based on a frame size of about 18x13.5mm, diagonal 22.5mm (in practice a bit less). Some lenses might produce an image circle larger than 22.5mm in diameter, and in particular zoom lenses almost certainly will do so towards the longer end of their zoom range, and telephoto lenses often produce image circles far larger than the format requires, but I have seen nothing that suggests that most or all lenses designed for Four Thirds or for Micro Four Thirds have image circles much larger than the needed 22.5mm.

P. S. The brand is "Fujifilm", not "Fuji" (which is a brand of bicycle!)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:42:17 pm by BJL »
Pages: [1]   Go Up