Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEV50 - Sure looks like Michael on the tractor!  (Read 2386 times)

dmcginlay

• http://
DEV50 - Sure looks like Michael on the tractor!
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:23:44 pm »

I think that is Michael on the tractor!

What do you think?  ;D

Don

P.S.
Can't wait to see the next video with Michael running the baler!

nairb

Re: DEV50 - Sure looks like Michael on the tractor!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:53:52 pm »

It'd be interesting to hear how these performed at dusk or dawn. I have quite a few hunter friends who are always asking about a good camera to get for when they're out in the Fall. Inevitably they always seem ignore my advice and gravitate to the latest 20x or 30x superzoom for the reach and relative compact size. But something like this might be right up they're alley. Surely it's picture/video quality is similarly as compromised as those superzooms, but in a much more interesting package for those who's hobby is prowling around the often wet forest. Given how much some spend on hunting gear, I'd guess the price tag wouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »

I had my eye on the DEV-5s when I was outta commission camera-wise (evil nerve compression), but now that I'm back at it I'd forgotten about them. The new ones look like just the thing for hiking, where (for me) photography and/or video aren't the point but rather an optional adjunct. Gotta investigate a bit more, but I'm definitely leaning...

Tractor dude does look a lot like Michael.  :D

-Dave-

michael

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »

The farmer took the shot and I drove the tractor. NOT.

Michael

Fine_Art

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 12:51:16 pm »

A very interesting review Michael.

I have always thought for hand holding, putting a camera on the base of the palm (camcorder style) is far more stable than the typical DSLR design. Binoculars even more so.

Future versions of this product may make my telescope with DSLR obsolete for wildlife. Right now the image quality does not look good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up