Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockies II  (Read 1095 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Rockies II
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:54:46 pm »

Three more from the Rockies trip.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Rockies II
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »

The middle one doesn't do much for me, but I like the other two, especially the bottom one.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

stamper

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:03:46 am »

Number two and three for me. I have never been to the Rockies but any image I have seen from there generally has a lot of contrast which number one lacks. You may have decided - I don't know - for the "flat" look but most observers would expect the contrasted version. A few months ago I suggested on the forum that it is possible to post two versions of an image. In this case the original and a contrasty one. I got flak for that idea because the original is the author's vision. yet members all the time suggest that another version is "better" In this case I would like to see the contrasty version. I don't believe in downloading and doing it myself so it is up to Justin to decide. BTW the train image I like very much but with a crop on the right hand side? :)

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:11:06 am »

I like the last one best, a crop as Stamper suggested might make it more balanced… but the first photo is also pleasant. The second one doesn't say "Rockies" to me.
Francois

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 08:33:51 am »

I like the last one best, a crop as Stamper suggested might make it more balanced… but the first photo is also pleasant. The second one doesn't say "Rockies" to me.

The second one was taken on the trip but as you so rightly point out isn't in the Rockies. It was a very intense early morning light and I was happy to capture it. It's at Sylvan Lake and is a private holiday village there.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:35:54 am »

Number two and three for me. I have never been to the Rockies but any image I have seen from there generally has a lot of contrast which number one lacks. You may have decided - I don't know - for the "flat" look but most observers would expect the contrasted version. A few months ago I suggested on the forum that it is possible to post two versions of an image. In this case the original and a contrasty one. I got flak for that idea because the original is the author's vision. yet members all the time suggest that another version is "better" In this case I would like to see the contrasty version. I don't believe in downloading and doing it myself so it is up to Justin to decide. BTW the train image I like very much but with a crop on the right hand side? :)

Quite right about the RH crop, I was thinking I'd get picked up for it. On the left were the station buildings at Jasper which I wished to exclude but still retain the majesty of the mountains.

Must dash to work now!

francois

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:36:28 am »

The second one was taken on the trip but as you so rightly point out isn't in the Rockies. It was a very intense early morning light and I was happy to capture it. It's at Sylvan Lake and is a private holiday village there.

Justin,
Thanks for the additional info. The light is very nice on the second photo, indeed!
Francois

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:15 am »

All three are nice tourist snaps.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up