Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAW Converter for Sigma DP1,2,3-M  (Read 8292 times)

mr_969

RAW Converter for Sigma DP1,2,3-M
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:24:53 am »

PICTURE WINDOW PRO can handle the Sigma X3F files.Great!

urbanpicasso

• davidbogdan/urbanpicassostudios
Not true
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:42 am »

Downloaded the software and, the fact is that, it DOES NOT recognize the sigma raw files!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:24:30 am by urbanpicasso »

xpatUSA

• Blog
Re: Not true
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:54:39 pm »

Downloaded the software and, the fact is that, it DOES NOT recognize the sigma raw files!!

Downloaded the software setup file but it didn't like my computer (Windows XP Pro SP3).

Anyhow, many will agree that SPP provides the best conversion of X3Fs,  but less than adequate post-processing. For this reason, a popular serious workflow is to convert into as neutral a TIFF image as possible and to move onward to one's favorite editor to complete the job.

That's my basic recommendation, especially to owners of cameras more recent than my SD10  8)

It's your choice for SPP working color-space and bit-depth of output - every has their own preferences and that subject has been beaten to death elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:57:49 pm by xpatUSA »
best regards,

Ted

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:54:08 am »

It looks like the XP compatibility has been resolved with rev 7.11
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=904&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Downloaded the software setup file but it didn't like my computer (Windows XP Pro SP3).

Anyhow, many will agree that SPP provides the best conversion of X3Fs,  but less than adequate post-processing. For this reason, a popular serious workflow is to convert into as neutral a TIFF image as possible and to move onward to one's favorite editor to complete the job.

That's my basic recommendation, especially to owners of cameras more recent than my SD10  8)

It's your choice for SPP working color-space and bit-depth of output - every has their own preferences and that subject has been beaten to death elsewhere.

xpatUSA

• Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 01:21:58 pm »

It looks like the XP compatibility has been resolved with rev 7.11
http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=904&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Thanks Mike, that fixed the download problem. It won't open my Sigma X3F files though (surprise!). In the "about" dialog box, it mentions Dave Coffin - so I imagine that, even it could open them, it would use Coffin's DCRAW which I already have.

best regards,
best regards,

Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up