Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?  (Read 964 times)

disneytoy

Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:50:22 am »

Hi!

I like the print quality, and the price of Red River's Aurora Fine Art Natural paper. But it only goes up to 24" on a roll. I will be doing some 44" and 60" prints soon. I'm looking at Moeb Entrada. But what other similar papers come in 44" rolls that are cost effective?

thanks

Marc

hugowolf

Re: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:37 am »

I think you are unlikely to find anything at that sort of price range, which is about 60¢ per sq ft. You would, however, probably want to go with something a little heavier for the wider paper and would generally get free shipping for that quantity – I don’t know how much RR charges for shipping.

Canson Rag Photographique 310 is a little whiter, but no OBAs, and is $1.92 per sq ft in 44 inch rolls. Hahnemühle Photo Rag 308 is also a little whiter, has very small amounts of OBAs, and is about $2.04 per sq ft (the rolls are less expensive than Canson’s, but are only 39 feet compared to 50 feet long). Moab Entrada 300 (actually more like 290 g/m² if I remember correctly) is about $1.60 per foot in 44 by 40 foot rolls.

I don’t what Innova’s pricing is like for their smooth natural whie cotton rag.

Brian A

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Larger Roll option for Red River Aurora Natural?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 12:14:25 pm »

There are two papers, 270-280 gsm, 25% cotton, both distributed by Innova. An Olmec and an Innova quality, below 9 Euro per square meter.

Edit: Olmec OLM66 Soft White Cotton 275gsm, Innova IFA15 Soft White Cotton 280gsm. Spectral plot is almost identical with the Red River Aurora Natural (230gsm according my scale and 100% cotton according RR) and to the old Lumijet White Velvet 270gsm that is reincarnated in a similar Hahnemühle quality for rebranding. Textures differ though, smooth to mild texture over the four.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:30:38 am by Ernst Dinkla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up