Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northernmost  (Read 870 times)

batmura

Northernmost
« on: August 11, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

After underexposing some of my previous long exposure shots, I went to the same location and tried a proper exposure. Luckily, unlike last time, there were some nice clouds in the sky and I was able to capture their movement.

This photo was taken at the northernmost location of Istanbul. It's quite a unique place as the southern part is the Sea of Marmara while the northern part is the Black Sea. Any C&C most welcome.

Anadolu Feneri, Istanbul, Turkey (6) by batmura, on Flickr

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Northernmost
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »

The colours are beautiful. Could you perhaps try to open up some of the blacker shadows? I'm thinking particularly of the rock in the lower right.

Jeremy

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:54 am »

Another very good one. I would like to see a bit more space to the left, there is one rock that is touching the border. The way the cloud mimics the line of the rocks is very nice.

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:52:15 am »

Very nice shot with great colors. The sky and rocks have some symmetry in them that I like. As for the critics, I'm with Paulo and Jeremy but there's also a slight halo on the ridge line (left of the image). I've checked on Flickr to see whether it was due to downsizing but even the largest version has it.
Francois

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 02:35:47 pm »

Beautiful capture!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up