Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RX 100 Video  (Read 2508 times)

thewanderer

RX 100 Video
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »

Hi,

With the rx 100, once the video is downloaded off the card to the HD, is there a way to click on the file and just watch it like you would say a quick view, I use the air book version 10.7.1   i don't care to open parallels, and go through all that,,

then if i want to edit one and make a small clip from it,, can iMovie do it.

If not, what is the easiest solution here..

SIncerely

bcooter

Re: RX 100 Video
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 02:43:54 am »

Hi,

With the rx 100, once the video is downloaded off the card to the HD, is there a way to click on the file and just watch it like you would say a quick view, I use the air book version 10.7.1   i don't care to open parallels, and go through all that,,

then if i want to edit one and make a small clip from it,, can iMovie do it.

If not, what is the easiest solution here..

SIncerely

You don't have to use parallels or windows.  Actually avchd should be converted to h264 high bit rate or prorezz, but to play it only you can use movist, it's free and simple,

http://mac.softpedia.com/progClean/Movist-Clean-30183.html

Or some macs will play it through I-movie (nothing that simple), or convert it to prorezz (makes a large file but you can them label that your master.

For conversion Chris uses MPEG streamclip, free but they accept donations (please do, most don't but . . . ), or wondershare's convertor, which you buy and if you do buy the pro version. It has a lot of easy settings you can modify and also save your own presets, for things like IPAD, IPHONE, prorezz, etc.    

Streamclip is actually more advanced because it allows for more quicktime settings and for being exact like making sound a non compressed 48 hz it is much better than wondershare, but if you just after fast and easy, wondershare converts better.

I use wondershare and streamclip, usually don't see any difference other than I find Wondershare a little easier and more elegant.

But to play, use movist.  

One other thing.  I your going to check video a lot on your computer, especially lower powered  macbookpros, or for that matter any computer, keep the computer clean and restart before you start playing.

Converting avchd (which is just a wrapper) to something that works in a quicktime player uses a lot of the video card and if you've been running a lot of windows and programs, you'll probably scare yourself to death because the video may show lines, or pixelate, or stop, stutter, be blank (man a black screen is a heart stopper).

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:46:54 am by bcooter »

xocet

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »

Another option is VLC (free, open source) to view them directly. If you want to do a straight, quick format conversion, take a look at handbrake (free, open source).

As mentioned above, you can often used iMovie - like iPhoto, but for movies.

DanielStone

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:24:47 am »

I use VLC to watch .wmv and .avi files on my MBP. Nice piece of free software.

Pages: [1]   Go Up