Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4.4 on MacOSX 10.8.4 all user settings in export and print dialog are gone  (Read 3023 times)

jsch

Hi,

without doing something different than normal suddenly all user settings in export and print dialog are gone. Has anyone experienced that too? Thank you.

Johannes

francois

Johannes,
I've never experienced that issue but I would make sure that the Lightroom's presets folder is present. You can check this by going to Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Presets Folder (see attached screenshot).

If the presets folder is there, then I would try to dump the preferences file.
Francois

francois

I know. All presets vanished from there. The folders are empty. This is sad. Because I had a lot of presets for import, export and printing.

Thank you for your reply.

Best,
Johannes

Didn't you use Time Machine or some other backup applications?
Francois

john beardsworth

• My photography site

In your Preferences, have you ticked the box "Store presets with this catalog?" (see Francois's screenshot above)

john beardsworth

• My photography site

When did you enable that setting? Was it recently?

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Well, what that means means is that your presets will be stored in a folder next to your catalogue. Equally, your catalogue will look there for the presets - so if they're no longer shown, it's because that folder is no longer there. Does that give you a clue about where to find the folder in Finder? The other (default) place would be in USER / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom.

You could also try this. If you know the exact name you gave one of these missing presets, search for it in Spotlight.

Incidentally, unless your catalogue is on an external drive I wouldn't recommend leaving that option ticked. It causes confusion.... But deal with that later.

john beardsworth

• My photography site

In their infinite wisdom Apple decided to hide the user's Library folder. You can get to it via Finder's Go menu by holding down the Alt/Option key - Library will be listed in the menu.

john beardsworth

• My photography site

Great!

Now consider what I said earlier about not enabling the option to store presets with the catalog. In my view you only need it if your catalogue is on an external drive which you frequently attach to different computers. In other circumstances, it's a troublemaker!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up