Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I export the target for ColorMunki Photo?  (Read 4012 times)

aaronchan

Can I export the target for ColorMunki Photo?
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »

I've searched online and sounds like it doesn't allow us to export the target from the software. But I want to know if there's any alternative way to extract it out from it.

Thanks
Aaron

aaronchan

Re: Can I export the target for ColorMunki Photo?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:06:17 pm »

I am really sorry but I just found the solution online
Thanks google and breathing color!

http://www.breathingcolor.com/blog/how-to-profile-a-canon-ipf63008300-using-the-print-plug-in-and-the-colormunki/

aaron

texshooter

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:28:30 pm »

Why the workaround? Can't the Colormunki Photo program instruct your printer driver to print the target? Why do you need to print the target from Photoshop instead of letting the Colormunki software do it?

aaronchan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 06:40:19 am »

Let say I'm using Canon 8300 and I use the photo print plugin to print my work.
This plug in does a bit different calculation rather than the printer driver.
So I want to make sure I'm making my ICC in the best way I could.

aaron

texshooter

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »

Let say I'm using Canon 8300 and I use the photo print plugin to print my work.
This plug in does a bit different calculation rather than the printer driver.
So I want to make sure I'm making my ICC in the best way I could.

So you are basically saying that the Canon Print Plug-in prints test targets more accurately than the Canon Printer Driver? That's news to me. I would test it out myself, but I use an Epson printer, and unfortunately Epson has taken it upon themself not to provide their Print Plug-in to Americans. Moreover, the Epson Print Plug-in works on all versions of Adobe CS except CS4 (which I use) -- go figure!
I would like to understand how the Canon Print Plug-in calculates differently than the Printer Driver, and why it's more accurate. Also, you're not worried that the PDF printer driver, which you are saving the target to as an intermediary step, will calculate things differently than the Canon Print Plug-in? The PDF step sounds like another translation step where info can get lost or changed. Besides, doesn't the Canon Print Plug-in essentially use the Canon Print Driver behind the scenes to execute the print. I thought the Plug-in was just a suite of additional layout tools, etc. The Printer Driver controls the print head, not the Print-Plug in. No?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:01:28 am by texshooter »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:18:56 am »

So you are basically saying that the Canon Print Plug-in prints test targets more accurately than the Canon Printer Driver? That's news to me.
Yes, maybe best to not offer advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

The Photoshop plug-in for the Canon printers offers a 16bit data path direct to the printer hardware, that bypasses the normal 8 bit printer path in most OSs.
Read back through Michael's review of the Canon printers that have this facility for more details.

Evanford

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 11:32:06 am »

Can't you print with the Canon XPS driver directly from Photoshop/Lightroom and also achieve 16bpc? 

texshooter

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:24:53 pm »

Some will say that the 16 bit vs 8 bit printing debate amounts to arguing over the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin.

http://www.olegnovikov.com/technical/epson4880/epson4880_8vs16bit.shtml
Pages: [1]   Go Up