Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook pro with rethna or high end monitor for dental lab tech  (Read 9549 times)

stanleyn

I am dental lab tech. I'm currently using 35mm camera- Dental Eye2(yshica camera with Zise 100mm macro and ring flash) to match the shade of teeth when I make a crown. Color match is paramount!!! The film I was using is no longer available,Kodak is out of business :( It is time to go digital. I'm thinking of Nikon D7100, 105mm macro, r1 flash for my camera. The question is the most accurate way of viewing the images. Is laptop with high resolution (Apple) would be enough or I should get high end monitor and computer? I will not use photo editing, but color calibration is important. Or is it?  Please Help!   

Himself

• Sorin Papuc
Re: Macbook pro with rethna or high end monitor for dental lab tech
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:40:55 pm »

Last time I checked - that is when I dismantled the lens - that camera had a Yashica 100/4 not a Zeiss lens.
I never used a laptop for photo editing.
I use an IPS  matte panel.

twelch

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »

In a dim room get one of these.

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/pa242w-bk-sv

In the USA I would purchase it from BHPhotovideo.  I believe you will need an adapter to connect the monitor to the laptop.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:54:23 pm »

Also paint your room neutral colours such as grey, get lights that are genuinely daylight balanced and make sure you can shut out external daylight as that can vary in colour temp quite dramatically.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up