Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpyderPRINT  (Read 1825 times)

Garnick

SpyderPRINT
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:17:13 pm »

Hello all,

Of course I realize questions of this nature illicit strictly anecdotal responses, but in some instances that can be somewhat useful as well I believe.  So, to my question.  Is anyone on this forum using the SpyderPRINT solution for creating printer profiles?  I use the Spyder3 harware with Spectraview to calibrate the NEC Display, but have not yet ventured into the process of making my own printer profiles.  The Spyder3 hardware seems to do an excellent job at calibrating the display, but of course I'm sure it's quite a different challenge when creating printer profiles.  Therefore I am asking for as many opinions as possible on this subject, hopefully with some backup material to support those opinions.  All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

AFairley

Re: SpyderPRINT
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:15:23 pm »

I used SpyerPrint to created an exhibition fiber profile for my 3880 (using the smaller number of patches option), but did not see an appreciable improvement over the canned Epson profile.  That said, I am usually in the "close is good enough" school of color matching, so may eye is likely not as developed as others'.

Stephen G

Re: SpyderPRINT
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up