Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are your customers chinese?  (Read 1308 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Are your customers chinese?
« on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:22 am »

Hi,

I have a very good friend who now and than shoots some portraits for one of the largest Swedish Banks (SEB). Once upon the time he asked me for my opinion. My immediate reaction was: "Are those of your customers chinese?!". Why? Because they were quite orange in skin tones! So I suggested some hue changes to my friend, and he all agreed that the changes made the images better.

After a couple of weeks I talked to my friend, and he told me that the customer was quite happy. Than, he added: "You know what? They preferred the original orange skin tones!"

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: Are your customers chinese?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:53:13 am »

It is true...beauty is in the eye of the beholder (of the wallet).  My very first paying customers bought more prints of a terribly out of focus shot of their daughter than any other image.  For a long time, I thought they were playing a cruel joke on me.  But, then I heard from a referral about how much the parents loved that image.  The referred customer did not request the same type shot.  ::)  Different people have different tastes.  I firmly believe that there does not exist a single thing or idea that is disliked by everyone.  Somewhere, there is someone that likes it.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »

I believe my best selling print is in technical terms the worst print that I offer for sale, but it just keeps on selling.

Gimme the formula!

;-)

Rob C

Gulag

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:00:23 am »

It may shock some but in general many Chinese women desire to have 1.5-stop overexposed skin,  and hate any catchlight in their eyes. 
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 04:02:24 am »

It may shock some but in general many Chinese women desire to have 1.5-stop overexposed skin,  and hate any catchlight in their eyes.  

Of course they do: it reminds them of nuclear flash lighting which is safe and perfectly good for the skin. I also hate getting things in my eyes, so I'm not surprised at all. Good sense all round.

I have no idea why some of us here in the west are so horrified by the thought of alternative energy.

According to Diario de Mallorca newspaper, in the 1st decade of this century, Asiatic commerce on the island grew by a factor of twelve. In the past year-and-a-half it has fallen to 25% of what it was. Some Chinese claim they are leaving because they feel targeted by money laundering investigations... others express surprise that they get a hard time because they rent properties from Mallorcans and should, therefore, be thought of as bringing money to the place (no mention was made by them of the amount they take out). Aparently, they are thinking of moving to the Americas.

Aren't people strange - the ideas that they get!

Rob C
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:19:42 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up