Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140104 times)

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:46 am »

Two things I like LR has:

-Easy mirror for canvas without using PS, automatically.
-Restro option in case you loose your main hard and want to restore everything from your back-up external drive without hassle. I am still not sure if anything happened to my hard disk, how to use all these back up files!

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2014, 04:38:30 am »

An export preset that activates a group of export presets. Is such a thing that hard to add?

smahn

« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2014, 02:07:57 pm »

The ability to batch export embedded raw smart objects, without having to open and save them in PS as is now required.

hdomke

• www.henrydomke.com
Display the focus point
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »

I wish LR could show the focus point.
This information is displayed for my Canon DSLR cameras using DPP (Digital Photo Professional) and with Aperture.

Seeing the focus points can be very helpful for understanding why some pictures seem out of focus.
Henry

Henry Domke Fine Art

Doc

• http://www.52photos.com
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2014, 08:41:56 am »

Its been some time now...Anyone want to vote on the initial post?
I have a thought that since Photoshop is now in heaven, perhaps LR would have a chance to evolve its capabilities...At least only in having the options of doing things mentioned initially and many of the wonderful and key points made by you.

+1 for Better Dual Monitor support.
(+1Trillion if I could !)
Learning everyday !

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2014, 09:46:27 am »

When importing images, quick access to the Desktop as the source without having to drill down thru c:\users\username\desktop.

smahn

« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2014, 09:57:38 am »

And if I drag a group of images or a folder from the finder to a LR folder, that LR folder should automatically be selected as the destination folder in the import dialog box. Duh.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 04:46:16 pm »

When importing images, quick access to the Desktop as the source without having to drill down thru c:\users\username\desktop.
You can already do that as the arrow next to the 'Select a source' gives you a list of places recently imported from. I always copy off card to a folder named 'To Import' and then that's top of the recent list when I import pics into LR. And as it happens 'Desktop' is also there along with 'recent places'.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

SangRaal

« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

As long as Adobe includes an Apple I phone camera profile in Lightroom; how about a profile for Samsung Note / Galaxy currently the most popular phone in north america ?? I never thought I would ever take a meaningful photograph with a camera phone but late last week I caught a Commercial spray truck (1,500 gallon tank) cleaning his tank with water from a trout stream and flushing the residue into the trout stream. I have already printed pics for the prosecuting authorities and for myself to use as an exhibit when testifying. 

PeterAit

« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2014, 08:03:10 pm »

You can already do that as the arrow next to the 'Select a source' gives you a list of places recently imported from. I always copy off card to a folder named 'To Import' and then that's top of the recent list when I import pics into LR. And as it happens 'Desktop' is also there along with 'recent places'.

OK, thanks!

PeterAit

« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2014, 04:22:56 pm »

Automatic paper length when using roll paper. If I set 1" top and bottom margins and my print is 12.5" high, the paper size should automatically be set to 14.5". If the print is 16.25" high, then it should be set at 18.25".

johnkiv

• JohnKishIV photography
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2014, 09:17:39 am »

In the Develop module:  Love the local adjustment tools.  A polygon, square / rectangle version of the Radial filter would be handy.  If there is one out there, or I'm missing it, let me know.

John

PeterAit

« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:49 am »

When defining rules for smart collections, it would help in debugging if one could temporarily turn off a rule without deleting it.

Peter M. Macdonald

« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2014, 09:18:01 am »

It would be very useful if Lightroom could take the dust delete map which can be output from a Canon camera and automatically apply that information to photographs in the way which can be done with Canon's own DPP.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2014, 07:25:09 pm »

I'd like to have a way to change the default "Edit In" application.  Right now, LR defaults to the latest version of Photoshop installed on the computer and there's no way to change this.  Yes, you can select a secondary application, but the "Open in Layers" and "Merge to Panorama" options only work with the default application.

Given the recent problems with Photomerge, etc. in CC 2014, it would be nice to be able to bypass it and use an earlier version -- with these time saving options in the "Edit" menu.

(sorry if this has already been posted -- I haven't read the entire thread)

orc73

« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2014, 02:26:19 pm »

and instant slideshow... ???

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

There is a quick slideshow feature in LR now.   Select the images from the library.  Hold down ctrl and enter (windows)
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

Eyeball

« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:25 pm »

I'd like to see the Whites and Blacks sliders added to the adjustment brush.
Sometimes I like to use the brush to reduce exposure, contrast, and saturation of the background of outdoor portraits and sometimes as part of that I need to bring up the black levels so the background contrast doesn't compete with the subject.  None of the existing brush sliders, including Shadows, really allow you to bring up values that are close to solid black.

Stephane Desnault

« Reply #278 on: September 20, 2014, 04:59:09 am »

I want to be able to more finely tune the counters at export to use leading 0s (zeros). When I export, I get things like "myfile-9.jpg", "myfile-10.jpg"... and of course these don't sort properly alphabetically. I'd want to be able to export to a naming scheme like "myfile-009.jpg", "myfile-010.jpg" - and be able to specify the range of course.

I do know they are DOZENS of ways to adjust the file names after the fact, from dedicated apps to scripts in dozens of scripting languages, and I'm using them... But really, I shouldn't have to do it.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2014, 05:12:25 am »

I'd want to be able to export to a naming scheme like "myfile-009.jpg", "myfile-010.jpg"

You've been able to do this since Lr1. In the export dialog, filename section, edit the filename and choose sequence which allows you to add leading zeroes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up