Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140114 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:32 am »

Been there since version 1.

Thanks! I never thought to click the Filename Edit button!

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2014, 02:25:37 pm »

The least I want from LR 6 is 16-bit output print for Win users  >:(

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

The least I want from LR 6 is 16-bit output print for Win users  >:(

Better talk to MSFT bud, because until the print pipeline in Windows can handle 16 bits, neither LR nor PS can send a full 16 bit output to the print driver. (besides, you really are not losing much of anything b not having it...)

Possum

« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2014, 02:53:19 am »

I'm hoping LR6 will include a proper (editable) list view. I'm surprised it hasn't been included yet as IMHO it is such a basic feature from a file management perspective. I love LR, it's one of my favorite piece of software but this is my main gripe.

For those closer to the LR team...has this feature ever been on the to-do list or perhaps in the pipeline for future upgrades?

I can't see that it would be very demanding to add but then I'm ignorant about programming so I may be wrong.

Simon Garrett

« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2014, 03:36:32 am »

I'm hoping LR6 will include a proper (editable) list view.

What's that?  Not being critical - I just don't kinow what it is!

Possum

« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2014, 06:19:50 am »

What's that?  Not being critical - I just don't kinow what it is!

It's an alternative (library) view to the thumbnail view you have now in the LR. It makes it MUCH easier to view (and edit) metadata. Think of iTunes when not in album view...you see the songs in a list and you can decide what various columns you want to display (eg year, ratings, bpm etc). In iTunes 9 (still my fav) the album art was the first column and the size could be adjusted to suit (that would be your image in LR...). The way I would like LR would be similar in style to iTunes 9 but in use perhaps more like mp3tag which is a great music file metadata editor.

Probably easier to look at the screenshots than explain...http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

From what I understand Aperture have had it forever but unfortunately not LR (can someone confirm this and maybe comment on how they think it works).

IMO if LR is to be great photo manager this is necessary.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2014, 06:21:08 am »

What's that?  Not being critical - I just don't kinow what it is!

Something like this List View plug-in for Lightroom which I wrote because I also found it very odd that Lightroom lacked a list view. You find list views in Explorer or Finder, Adobe's Bridge, DAM programs like iView MediaPro, and there's one in Aperture etc.

We all think our own special requests won't be that difficult to program....

John

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:49:35 am by john beardsworth »

Possum

« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:52 am »

We all think our own special requests won't be that difficult to program....

yes yes very true lol

John, I've had a brief look at your plugin but I couldn't find a way to edit anything directly in the list. It just displayed the data. Am I correct? If so, is it anything you could look into? I'm sure it's not that difficult... ;)

edit: hm, looking at you attachment, it looks like it is possible to edit in a separate window at least. Can you make batch changes too?

Simon Garrett

« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2014, 09:04:29 am »

Thanks John and Possum.  Yes, that would be a very good idea!

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2014, 09:14:59 am »

No, you can't edit directly in the list. I'm already stretching what you can do with the third party API, and spreadsheet-like editing layouts are very awkward. Also, people seem to use ListView mainly for review, sorting by fields which Lightroom doesn't allow, metadata export (eg to InDesign), and I've not had that much interest in editing.

However, I've recently figured out a way for Excel to write directly into Lightroom, and this allows batch edits. My initial proof of concept was shown here and the current version is much more sophisticated - up to 250 columns, keywords.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »

OK. late to this thread, sorry.  And of course, hoping someone on the LR team is reading ...

But I'm tiring of something which is extremely annoying, which is Lightroom finding a backup up copy of Photoshop CC that is buried 6 folders deep on a secondary drive which is a backup of my Laptop, and launching this instead of the copy that is located in the same folder as lightroom itself is on my Mac. Even if I have photoshop running, it will launch the wrong copy.  I just don't get it, and have found no way to fix it.  My solution (since I can't unmount the drive because it has stuff I use all the time) is to set the correct copy of Photoshop CC as the secondary editor.

OK easy enough, except now when I edit in PS CC, then save, Lightroom no longer automatically adds the resulting tiff file because it wasn't edited in primary editor.  So I have to resync my folder in LR.

Oddly enough if I choose merge to pano the correct copy of PS launches.

James R

« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »

I would like to be able to save custom workspaces so I don't have to manually close panels and adjust image size.  Just a simple preset is all I want. 

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »

I would like to see mobile LR work with smart collections.   I want the last 30 days available without having to update and resync. 

"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

The option to export PNG files.

slackercruster

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

I need to make circle crops as easy as it is to do rectangular / square crops in LR. I hope they add it to upcoming versions of LR. From my limited research there is not an easy way to do it with the current photo software on the market. I need simple! I can use LR pretty good, but don't not use Photoshop or any other complex computer methods.

I have a lot of circular fisheye images that need to have all the black background cutout. I want to be left with only the circle image.  Here is a sample of an image that needs to be cropped into a circle. 

(nsfw) 

http://zonefocused.tumblr.com/image/87016869234

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2014, 04:05:48 pm »

Re: Circular Crops

Bitmap graphics are stored as rectangular arrays. If you crop circularly, you will still be saved to disk, output to web, or where ever it ends up, as a rectangular bitmap.  Software will have to fill in the non-circular area with something. White, Black, other, include a mask, etc.  The end result will still be rectangular.

I am not sure what this buys you that you don't have today.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

dreed

« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2014, 11:14:20 am »

The elimination of fringing/halo on fine detail that gets introduced when (for example) changing the luminosity of the background colour.

Most easily seen with dark branch details on trees, light blue background, darken up with luminosity and you get a halo effect on all the branches.

Getting rid of that would be most welcome.

John Caldwell

Keyword Filters and Collection Searches
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

To Save Keyword Filter lists, and name those lists descriptively, and update those lists. I find I recurrently use lists of filtered words, and they can be time consuming to re-enter each time that list of keyword filters is needed.

To Search within Collections for a Collection Attribute, particularly text within Collection or Collection Set titles.

To Search within History States, for a given Develop state - particularly the state of Print.

Relative Adjustment Presets, rather than absolute values, as many have asked for previously.

Thank you,

John Caldwell

Jim-St

• http://www.lochaberphoto.co.uk
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2014, 01:32:42 pm »

I'd really like to be able to sort Collections by alphabetical order of Title for some purposes (e.g. I've been working today with the TTG Client Response Gallery plugin) . Not sure if John's ListView does this, but the sort options for Collections seem a bit basic, Title order seems an obvious lack to me.

Richowens

« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:34 pm »

Jim,

Mine are in alphabetical order by default in 5.4, Win7.

Rich
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up