Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140097 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2014, 07:18:34 am »

I truly don't know how to react to your posts.
-k
Logic, facts and some well thought out reasoning is the the best way.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

mkfitz

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2014, 02:42:52 pm »

Fair point, though Aperture's feature is only a layout tool. What Microsoft showed was building collections or "projects" visually.

That's true.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »

A few things I'd like to see:

1) Auto-stacking. I spent over an hour yesterday organizing a mess of pano and HDR sequences into stacks in the library. I would think this could be automated, perhaps based on image capture time - with user set options to control the process.

2) The ability to view, on separate monitors, two different folders or collections in grid view and to drag photos from one to the other (copy or move).

3) To have F11 actually work to show/hide the 2nd window as the menu says it should, but never has.

4) The ability, with web galleries, to upload minor changes without having to generate and upload the whole thing.

5) Better web gallery templates with more control over text, fonts, image size, etc.

'nuf said.

jjj

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2014, 12:59:41 pm »

A few things I'd like to see:

1) Auto-stacking. I spent over an hour yesterday organizing a mess of pano and HDR sequences into stacks in the library. I would think this could be automated, perhaps based on image capture time - with user set options to control the process.
Auto stacking on import could drive people nuts as various images would randomly end up vanishing it would appear. Using the spray can to apply a stacking criteria could be useful though.

2) The ability to view, on separate monitors, two different folders or collections in grid view and to drag photos from one to the other (copy or move).
A dual pane file manager would make file managing so much easier. As would being able to put the folders panel on second monitor to use in any module. Currently the second monitor is like a crippled library module if used in grid view.
Though, really one should import files to a well organised location, where they stay forever and for organising images should be added to collections, preferably smart ones. And if you need to place [not move] a file elsewhere, that's what the export dialogue is for. But even so having folders and collection on separate monitors [and thus available in other modules] would be great.

3) To have F11 actually work to show/hide the 2nd window as the menu says it should, but never has.
Shift+E, Shift+N, Shift+G, Shift+ C hides/shows the second window in whatever display mode you want. And cycling through main monitor views [using 'f] does the equivalent of F11 (which is used to toggle full screen on Windows).

4) The ability, with web galleries, to upload minor changes without having to generate and upload the whole thing.
Doesn't that depend on the type of gallery and more importantly how you upload it.

5) Better web gallery templates with more control over text, fonts, image size, etc.
Other people do a range of web galleries for LR. My non-Adobe galleries were created and customised entirely within LR.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:03:23 pm by jjj »

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »

I would like to have the ability to softproof the image on the second monitor.

Best regards.

hjulenissen

« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2014, 04:40:35 am »

I truly don't know how to react to your posts. Thankfully most other people on this forum are very unlike you.
What might a "Logic, facts and some well thought out reasoning" response to this post be?:
Me, me, me, me, me!
Also, don't assume everyone else as selfish as you.
Me, me, me, me, me!

-h
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:27:42 am by hjulenissen »

jjj

« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2014, 01:08:27 pm »

What might a "Logic, facts and some well thought out reasoning" response to this post be?:
-h
Not for me to put words into your mouth. You need to be logical all on your own.
The fact that I was mocking your stance, does not preclude a sensible rebuttal.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »

I would like to have the ability to softproof the image on the second monitor.

Best regards.

Yes, full second monitor support would be very welcome!! It would help any module.  I would love to separate the Develop window to one screen while the Library is on the other.

Also, I wish in Lib mode the  "Quick Dev" module, which I find so limiting and a tease to use, yet useless...Would be great if it can be the full Exposure tool. It would even be better to be a flyout panel we can move off the window so we can use it to do a fast general look to see the direction the images can go.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

smahn

« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2014, 12:13:14 pm »

I would like a higher "Amount" of sharpening. I don't like the noise pattern that "Detail" produces, so I like to work at low detail and high amount, but amount doesn't go high enough. I'd also like to the ability to use different sharpening radii via the adjustment brush.

I'd also like the ability to remap keyboard shortcuts so that shortcuts are consistent across modules. IOW, so that my crucial shortcuts don't depend on me already being in the right module to use them. What a drag that is.

jjj

« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2014, 03:34:52 pm »

I'd also like the ability to remap keyboard shortcuts so that shortcuts are consistent across modules. IOW, so that my crucial shortcuts don't depend on me already being in the right module to use them. What a drag that is.
Shortcuts that do not work in one module are maddening, particularly as they do not do anything at all in the wrong module. It wouldn't be so bad if they were used for something important within that module.

I've never understood why companies are so reluctant to let users customise shortcuts and interface. By doing just that, you'd get rid of a significant percentage of feature requests and make for much happier end users.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:14:29 am by jjj »

RickyNZ

« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2014, 02:35:04 am »

I would dearly like 'digital post it notes' - there are some third party options, but the ability to scrawl/notate right on a file quickly would be very useful when editing in a busy workflow

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2014, 04:22:44 am »

I would dearly like 'digital post it notes' - there are some third party options, but the ability to scrawl/notate right on a file quickly would be very useful when editing in a busy workflow

Yes, I came across this yesterday with a client who wanted an embargo notice in a folder. We created a small JPEG with some text and named the file so it would sort at the beginning of the photos, but it would be good to avoid workarounds.

hjulenissen

« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2014, 08:00:02 am »

Not for me to put words into your mouth. You need to be logical all on your own.
The fact that I was mocking your stance, does not preclude a sensible rebuttal.
I see. So your recommendation is that the rest of the forum should use "Logic, facts and some well thought out reasoning", while you yourself should continue to post mockery? Did it occur to you that bad manners may be a reason why some of the discussions that you participate in go sour?

If you apply some logic and well thought out reasoning, how would you yourself respond to a poster that wrote:
You are missing the point... is purely selfish...shows a lack of perspective...begs the question, have you even used the programme
Might I suggest that you try to tone down that attitude and rather show more clearly that you actually read posts, before replying in a well thought manner (it is possible to respectfully disagree).

-h
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:08:37 am by hjulenissen »

jjj

« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:13 am »

I do read posts, quite carefully in fact but some others sadly do not. They and other people who air selfish viewpoints or post inaccurate rubbish despite people politely using facts or reason to counter their argument should expect to be made fun of if they persist in their nonsense.
Usually things go 'sour' because I reasonably counter someone's absurd claim and they take offence at that. The easiest way to upset someone is to prove them wrong, simply being rude will have far, far less effect.

RickyNZ

« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19:27 pm »

Yes, I came across this yesterday with a client who wanted an embargo notice in a folder. We created a small JPEG with some text and named the file so it would sort at the beginning of the photos, but it would be good to avoid workarounds.
Good solution.  If I can find the third-party workarounds, I'll post. One was quite useful I recall.

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2014, 11:55:39 pm »

If I can get the majority of users to nod that they use dual screen, I can make my case for the NEED to seperate the Lib from Dev functionality!
This is LR achilies heel, and it is frustrating jumping back and forth.
If we can have LR 6 have the option to segment the 2 functions to the Grid view in the 2nd screen to behave as the Lib mode on screen 2, and stay with Dev mode on screen 1...Oh Boy would that be a major improvement in how the software and user interact. Right now it is a binary switch back and forth.

Anyone get tired of the switching, then finding the place where you left off, NOT being able to sort the Grid view in dev mode on the 2nd screen?

+1 here

Robert55

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2014, 04:37:39 am »

I don't begrudge you guys better 2nd screen implementation, but I for one use one screen, and I think the majority of usesrs do same.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2014, 05:55:36 am »

but I for one use one screen, and I think the majority of usesrs do same.
I'm sure you're right that the majority of LR users only have a single screen and I'd also guess that quite a few of those that do have two screens just use LR on a single big screen now.
There are a lot more useful features that would have wider appeal that deserve to be much higher up the request list.

jjj

« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

I'm sure you're right that the majority of LR users only have a single screen and I'd also guess that quite a few of those that do have two screens just use LR on a single big screen now.
There are a lot more useful features that would have wider appeal that deserve to be much higher up the request list.
And others would disagree. Even my elderly neighbour who dabbles in photography has two screens. Most of the people I know have two screens in fact and if they work in photography/music/film, then two would be the minimum, 3-4 is not unusual.
Now why on earth would you only use one screen for LR if you have two?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:28:53 pm by jjj »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2014, 03:43:52 pm »

Because you want other apps on the second screen?

Sure, Lightroom's second screen is a bit awkward, but I agree with the comments about people using bigger screens. Plenty of other improvements would be more worthwhile.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up