Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140551 times)

Mark F

Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »

I'm really late to the party but I would love to see a couple of changes in the adjustment brush area:

1. I'd really like the flow and density sliders to be in "real time".  Now if I want to change either I have to erase the pin and start again or else create a new pin nearby the first. I know that the current system is "additive" and similar to PS, but PS has the opacity adjustment for layers and LR obviously does not.

2. Just a tweak but I sure wish LR would create a keyboard shortcut for turning the active pin's painted area on and off. I find it a pain to have to check and uncheck that box at the bottom of the screen. I know that I can highlight the painted area by hovering my cursor over the active pin but that goes away when I move the cursor.
Mark

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

2. Just a tweak but I sure wish LR would create a keyboard shortcut for turning the active pin's painted area on and off. I find it a pain to have to check and uncheck that box at the bottom of the screen. I know that I can highlight the painted area by hovering my cursor over the active pin but that goes away when I move the cursor.

Keyboard shortcut is "O" (the letter).
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

Mark F

« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:45 pm »

Thanks Rory. I never knew that but sure wish I had.
Mark

thierrylegros396

« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2014, 08:35:05 am »

Perfect Photo Suite 9 integrates a new option for Noise Reduction.

You can apply "only for Blue or green, or ..." !

Seems to be very interresting in some cases.

Hope Lightrom 6 will integrate such possibilities or better of course :-)

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2014, 02:25:49 am »

I like to have access to all tools in Adjustment brush especially HSL and B&W that I can apply color correction in just selected area of photo that it needs. This almost (almost!) let me get rid of Ps!

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2014, 02:29:38 pm »

I haven't read though all the previous posts, so I apologize if someone has already suggested this...

I would like an option that prints out text (with at least user-defined font size and text location) overlayed on a print that shows selected settings in at least the basic and color panels of the Develop module, that correspond to the image being printed.  The idea being that this would help with dialing in a rendering intent by documenting incremental changes when soft-proofing is just not cutting it for a particular paper/profile combination.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:34:36 pm by pcgpcg »

Slater-K

« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:36 am »

Seems like many requests are already implemented!

Here goes ... i'd like to have grid show bigger images. On a 30" screen i can only get a max of 4 per row, which often makes them too small for culling.

Alternatively, i'd like to be able to enter survey mode (n) and then be able to select the same next number of images. So for example, if i was seeing 4, i'd press a key, and the next four would be selected and displayed.

Appart from that, faster would always be good!

JNHenry

« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2014, 09:05:45 pm »

I'm very happy with LR5, but there are a couple of small things I would love to see added.

1.  In Develop module, when syncing development settings across images, I would like the History (left-side panel) to actually list what settings where sync'ed.  Right now it just says "Synchronize Settings."  Maybe have the individually synced settings listed indented under "Synchronize Settings."  I'd also like to see this implemented for the "Apply During Import" "Develop Settings."  In my opinion, listing "Synchronize Settings" in the history panel doesn't tell me anything and can make it difficult to figure out what was applied with the sync versus what was applied otherwise.

2.  If exporting files to be editing in another application (e.g. Nik or OnOne, etc), it'd be great if the exported file name could be tailored for each program.  Instead of just appending "-edit" at the end, I'd like to have LR append unique identifiers based on the program it was exported to.  When the external editing it done, and the file is automatically imported back into LR, I would love if the History panel told me what program the image was imported from, rather than just "Import (date & time).

3.  My dream addition to LR6 would be for the program to be opened up for third-party modules.  For example, a Nik Software module (along side Library, Develop, Map) that could include all their products and enable non-destructive editing.  I think Jeff Schewe mentioned this as something he wanted during one of the LuLu LR video tutorials.

No matter what, I'm looking forward to seeing what Adobe does with v6.

Cheers,

Jeff

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »

3.  My dream addition to LR6 would be for the program to be opened up for third-party modules.  For example, a Nik Software module (along side Library, Develop, Map) that could include all their products and enable non-destructive editing. 

I think a lot of us were expecting this to be in the future when we were going through the initial betas.  I've personally given up hope that this will happen, but I sure would love to be wrong.  It would be a killer improvement.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2014, 11:36:25 am »

I think a lot of us were expecting this to be in the future when we were going through the initial betas.  I've personally given up hope that this will happen, but I sure would love to be wrong.  It would be a killer improvement.

Isn't that essentially what we already have with the "Virtual Copy/Right-Click" protocol?

Using stuff like the Nik suite is just so easy from within Lightroom at present, that I can't imagine much benefit from messing around with it.

What would the proposed "enhancement" save? Two mouse clicks?
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

What would the proposed "enhancement" save? Two mouse clicks?

It saves the need to create big TIF files whose settings can't be edited....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:07:21 pm by john beardsworth »

Glenn NK

« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2014, 11:05:49 am »

It saves the need to create big TIF files whose settings can't be edited....

Which is the primary reason I rarely if ever use the plug-ins.
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:49 am »

A 'Back up now' button.
An option to complete a back up when LR closes next, but after the one off back up reverts to the previous schedule.

Useful when upgrading, or having done a major import or catalogue reorganisation.

Manoli

« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:05 am »

A 'Back up now' button.
An option to complete a back up when LR closes next, but after the one off back up reverts to the previous schedule.

Useful when upgrading, or having done a major import or catalogue reorganisation.

TPG Lr Backup - donationware
Backs up all your config files as well as the catalog

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:43:34 am by Manoli »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2014, 01:28:16 pm »

TPG Lr Backup - donationware
Backs up all your config files as well as the catalog
Which confirms there's a demand for it that feature to be part of Lightroom.

Manoli

« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2014, 02:23:31 pm »

Which confirms there's a demand for it that feature to be part of Lightroom...

... and in the meantime there's an excellent plug-in, offering all your requested functionality and more, for a few pennies (if you're honest), to you, and anyone else reading the thread, who might have thunk it yet been unaware of it.

No more waiting for Godot. 

disneytoy

« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

I was planning to build a new PC system, and over at the Adobe forum (LR) asked about best video card. I weas told that unlike PS, LR doesn't use the GPU, all processing is on the CPU. Is this true? Seems weird Asobe doesn't utilize the GPU to process raws, render out video slifdeshows, etc.

I love the slidesho modulke output 1080p and 720p videos.

Now with4k maturing, I'd like to see a 4k slideshow option in 6

I'm excited to get a 4k monitor. Would love to see the photos on a 60" 4k!

Also on my list:

1) A drop shadow option in the print module, I do comps to jpgs from the print module and have to go into PS to manually add a little drop shadow.

2) In the Slideshow module, ability to a a fade to black. a photo by photo ability to set duration. A simple text ability. Add say a black frame with a title (other than the start and end slide) should be simple.

3) Ability to have floating windows. Example, have 2 collections open at once to copy images back and forth.

4) I like how LR mobile displays the thumbnails. I see no benefit how the library module only display images with that wasted grey slide around the image. At least allow the option of having no gaps between frames.

greyscale

« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2014, 12:45:54 pm »

How about a Gallery Wrap preset in the Print module

greyscale

Manoli

« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2014, 07:00:55 am »

Ability to set a path variable to Photoshop (in Preferences). That way we'll hopefully eliminate the persistent 'Application Moved' warning dialog - see screenshot attached.

aphotoguru

« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2015, 01:33:47 pm »

I use dual screens, I'm just so used of it at this stage that it doesn't bother me, although with that said I certainly wouldn't mind LR making some big improvements to its functionality. :)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up