Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRoom6 Must have!  (Read 140352 times)

Stephane Desnault

Re: LightRoom6 Must have!
« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2014, 05:23:28 am »

Yay - I hadn't realized that - and yes, I HAVE been working with LR since version 1...

Thanks a lot!

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #281 on: September 20, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

I want to be able to more finely tune the counters at export to use leading 0s (zeros). When I export, I get things like "myfile-9.jpg", "myfile-10.jpg"... and of course these don't sort properly alphabetically. I'd want to be able to export to a naming scheme like "myfile-009.jpg", "myfile-010.jpg" - and be able to specify the range of course.

As John has pointed out, it's easy to do in LR. In fact, at least under Mavericks, the Mac Finder will sort files with numbers in their names properly even without the leading zeroes. See here, for example.

Jeremy

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2014, 03:15:04 pm »

As John has pointed out, it's easy to do in LR. In fact, at least under Mavericks, the Mac Finder will sort files with numbers in their names properly even without the leading zeroes. See here, for example.
A slight digression - If you want to improve your computer time on a Mac replace Finder with something useful instead - Pathfinder
If I had to use Finder, I'd wipe my Mac and install Windows instead.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2014, 04:29:28 am »

A slight digression - If you want to improve your computer time on a Mac replace Finder with something useful instead - Pathfinder
If I had to use Finder, I'd wipe my Mac and install Windows instead.

I suppose it depends on how you use the Mac. I spend minimal time in the Finder and the vast majority in Word, LR and PS (and their plugins), Mail and 4th Dimension. I use DefaultFolder and Butler (or some equivalents). I've looked at PathFinder - and I know a lot of people swear by it - but I've never seen that it offers me anything I really need.

Jeremy

dreed

« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2014, 09:55:59 am »

LR6 needs to have a wait to "abort" an image processing task of some kind of warning that the expected processing of the image will "hang" the application.

On smaller capacity hosts (say ~4GB), opening large TIF files (for example) leads LR to become unresponsive, giving Windows reason to say "Do you want to end the process."

It would be useful if LR could try and predict if the image file is going to cause this kind of thing to happen or present a dialogue of some description allowing "long render file tasks" to be aborted.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2014, 01:05:59 pm »

Something I noticed doing a lot.....I'm in Dev mode, and doing some basic edits and I often need to copy the Receipt from a file earlier. I have tried going to the previos file and Right Clicking on it to Copy Settings, but it just copies the selected file. I don't want to select it and wait for it to Load and be in focus before I can have the receipt and move one.

Perhaps there already is a way to copy the Settings in Dev mode without selecting?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »

Perhaps there already is a way to copy the Settings in Dev mode without selecting?
Yes, just right click on the file in the filmstrip and select: Develop Settings > copy settings

dreed

« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

In the list of things that can be disable on top of images (CTRL-J, View Options), can "Print size at 300dpi" be included?

Whilst knowing the "dimensions" is useful, the only time I care about that is when I need the dimensions to divide by 300 to see how big it will be when printed.

Robert55

« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

My current small annoyance: I'm currently cleaning up a series of photo's from a very dirty sensor. The height of the sky differs from shot to shot, so they need individual attention. But to move to the next shot, I have to go out of the healing tool, go to the next shot, turn it on, turn visualise on (at the other end of the screen, also annoying)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

But to move to the next shot, I have to go out of the healing tool, go to the next shot, turn it on, turn visualise on (at the other end of the screen, also annoying)

No you don't :) You just click the other image in the filmstrip.

Robert55

« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2014, 02:42:45 am »

Thanks a lot
(hardly ever use the film strip, always the arrows)

dudu307

« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:10 am »

Thanks a lot
(hardly ever use the film strip, always the arrows)

Better yet, just use cmd + arrow

Rhossydd

« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:20 am »

Adding the export dialogue as a panel in the library module. Allowing multiple formats of the same image(s) selected to be exported simultaneously.

Capture One Pro 8 does this well.

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2014, 09:27:58 am »

I would like to be able to set white balance for infrared images.   A Channel swap would be a bonus too but I suspect that's not possible.
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

jjj

« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:41 pm »

Adding the export dialogue as a panel in the library module. Allowing multiple formats of the same image(s) selected to be exported simultaneously.

Capture One Pro 8 does this well.
Ah, it's actually more efficient [multi-processor wise] to do this in separate steps. Though being able to do as you say would indeed be useful.

Rhossydd

« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:17 am »

Though being able to do as you say would indeed be useful.
The main request would be to be able to do this via a panel in the library module, rather than wading through drop down menus.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2014, 04:07:52 am »

I don't think this merits its own panel. But there is a need to select and simultaneously run multiple presets in the export dialog, and a few plug-ins offer this kind of workflow.

Rhossydd

« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2014, 04:28:31 am »

I don't think this merits its own panel.
YMMV, the left hand side of the library module isn't exactly over populated. I've never used the 'publish services' panel and 'an 'Export' panel would sit nicely and logically above it.

jjj

« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2014, 06:42:01 pm »

The main request would be to be able to do this via a panel in the library module, rather than wading through drop down menus.
A panel wouldn't work as the limited narrowness of the panels would make for an inferior interface compared to the current modal dialogue.
Not sure what you mean by drop down menus, I simply use Cntrl/Cmd + Shift + E to open Export dialogue. I hide menus anyway and very, very rarely need to use them.

Rhossydd

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2014, 01:37:57 am »

A panel wouldn't work as the limited narrowness of the panels would make for an inferior interface compared to the current modal dialogue.
Works fine in Capture One 8
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up