Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Longevity of Scotch PMA 568?  (Read 1333 times)

AFairley

Longevity of Scotch PMA 568?
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »

Anyone have any experience with the longevity of Scotch 658 positionable mounting adhesive?  I would be using the roller press instead of a hand burnisher to set it.

Thanks

hugowolf

Re: Longevity of Scotch PMA 568?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »

Anyone have any experience with the longevity of Scotch 658 positionable mounting adhesive?  I would be using the roller press instead of a hand burnisher to set it.
I can't say. I have been using it for several years and haven't had any complaints. If you do a search of the web you will come across threads from a few years back where 3M reps have answered questions about the product, and it has changed over the years, making it even more difficult to judge longevity. There were at one time, for expample, two versions going, one acid free, the other not.

Brian A

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Longevity of Scotch PMA 568?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:53:46 am »

I can't say. I have been using it for several years and haven't had any complaints. If you do a search of the web you will come across threads from a few years back where 3M reps have answered questions about the product, and it has changed over the years, making it even more difficult to judge longevity. There were at one time, for expample, two versions going, one acid free, the other not.

Brian A

I have a roll of it here and have only used it for my own work. For projects I am selling I use Seals print mount ultra run through the laminator.
Used it on the back of several 8 1/2" x 11" prints that I wanted to center on 14 1/2" x 17' brushed aluminum Dibond.
I only did 2 but after a period of time started lifting at the corners of the prints.
They are in my studio and are handled regularly by my workshop students. So do not miscount that someone is picking at those edges to see how good the adhesive is. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up