Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Spectraview AND ColorMunki Photo together for monitor/printer matching?  (Read 2370 times)

Anil Kalagatla

Hi:

I recently got an NEC PA301W monitor with the SpectraView color calibration system.  I also have a Color Munki Photo device which I had previously used to both calibrate my monitor and match my printer.  I've decided to use the ColorMunki device to calibrate my monitor using the SpectraView software.  My question is is can I still use the ColorMunki software to create printer profiles using the Photo device?  I.e., can I use the SpectraView software to calibrate my monitor but the Color Munki Photo software to create matching printer profiles?  I will be using the same device for both.

Or should I just ignore the Spectraview software altogether and use the ColorMunki system for everything?

Thanks!
Anil

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography

I believe that Spectraview support ColorMunki and you should use that software for monitor calibration as it easier to use.  You would probably get the same results either way, it's just a question of convenience.

Mac Mahon

Or should I just ignore the Spectraview software altogether and use the ColorMunki system for everything?

No.  Use SV s/w for the monitor.

....can I still use the ColorMunki software to create printer profiles using the Photo device?  I.e., can I use the SpectraView software to calibrate my monitor but the Color Munki Photo software to create matching printer profiles?  I will be using the same device for both.

Yes.

Cheers

Tim

Garnick

Hello Anil,

I do use Spectraview but I don't use the ColorMunki device, however, I do believe that Spectraview does support ColorMunki.  If that is the case then you can definitely use the ColorMunki device to calibrate the display and also with the Color Munki Photo software to create your printer profiles.  The display calibration is a separate procedure from the creation of printer profiles, therefore, no conflict as I see it.  Hope this helps.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Anil Kalagatla

Thanks you all, very helpful!  I will proceed with my planned setup and use SV for monitor calibration and CM Photo for printer.

Anil

howardm

That setup is what I use.  The CM Photo for printer profiles (and profiling an iMac) and use that device w/
Spectraview s/w to cal/profile my NEC monitor.

mlondon

• The Spirit of Tea

If your NEC calibrator says "Custom Calibrated for Wide-Gamut NEC Displays", then you should use that to calibrate your monitor with the SV software, instead of using the ColorMunki device.
www.spiritoftea.com

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept" Ansel Adams

RachelleK

Well, I used to use Spectraview and ColorMunki Photo until today.  It looks like Spectraview is not compatible with the new Mac operating system Mavericks.

Update:  Updating Spectraview to the latest build solved the problem.  Works fine with Mavericks now.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:29:44 am by Rprt »
Pages: [1]   Go Up